11

THERE WAS A TOTAL of twelve people, so it was six to a team

THERE WAS A TOTAL of twelve people, so it was six to a team. they let jt pick the captains, so it ended up being michael and matteo. they did rock, paper, scissor and matteo ended up picking first. as the other ten people stood in a line matteo pointed to his first teammate which happened to be michael's brother, todd.

"sebastian." michael chose.

"chase." the boy smiled, high-fiving his brother as he stood next to him.

"joey."

"amara."

"tom."

"kyle."

"tyler."

"alec."

"ben."

once the two teams were separated they went over the rules and set up in their positions. it was tackle football, but amara made sure to let the boys know not to be an ass about it and tackle her if they had to. she always fit in with the guys and hated it when they treated her like a princess. she would much rather roll around in the dirt and lounge in gross clothes than go to the spa and wear hundred dollar outfits. she also happened to be pretty good at tackle football.

"down, set, hike!" alec shouted and matteo handed the ball off to him. alec made it a small distance down the field before getting tackled by ben and sebastian. lacey, pippa, and jt all cheered loudly, clapping on the sidelines.

as the game went on michael's team was up by two points. "pass the ball to chase and everyone needs to block him from getting tackled." alec stated. "he's fast and i'm sure he can get pass them if we all block."

chase nodded, "i got this." they put their hands in and did a small team cheer before getting into position. matteo hiked the ball off to alec and alec handed it off to amara, who secretly handed it off to chase and the blond made it way down the field. it took a few seconds for everyone to realize that amara didn't have to ball and they all ran after chase.

before chase could even think he was tackled to the ground and his eyes got wide at the sight of tom on top of him. the older boy laughed, "gotcha." chase swallowed the lump in his throat, unable to respond.

"shit, tom! did not expect that from you!" alec laughed, causing tom to stand up and extend his hand for chase to grab. he helped the younger boy up off the ground and their chests bumped together.

amara rushed over, prying the ball from chase's hand. "you may be fast, but i think tom's faster." she stated, jokingly. she tossed the ball to alec and turned back to see the two boys still staring at each other. "okay, chaser, let's go. it's fourth down." she grabbed his arm and pulled him away from tom. "what the hell was that about?"