25

THE TWO SAT IN silence for a few minutes before tom finally spoke. "i wanted to tell you, but things were going so well and school was the farthest thing from my mind. i didn't want to upset you, but clearly i've failed at doing that."

chase sighed, leaning his head on tom's shoulder. "i just don't want to lose you. i hate distance."

tom pressed a kiss to the top of chase's head. "we still have four months."

"that's not long enough." chase whispered and tom wrapped an arm around him, giving him a small squeeze.

"i love you." tom mumbled into chase's ear and the younger boy only hummed. "don't worry, we'll figure it out. you're not going to be able to get rid of me."

chase knew tom was right. everything would be fine and they would be okay. chase licked his lips before changing the subject. "your mom wants to meet my mom." tom chuckled lightly and chase continued, "also, if you're interested, my family is going on vacation to florida for spring break and i want you to come. i'll keep you as far away from alec as i can."

"i think alec and i are okay." tom stated and it made a small smile spread on chase's lips.

"i was wondering how you got into my room without getting jumped again." he laughed lightly. "so is that a yes to florida?"

tom nodded, "of course. i just have to make sure my parents don't have any family trip or something planned."

chase shrugged his shoulders. "i already talked to your mom about it. your mom was the one that came up with the idea."

"wow," tom was surprised. "my mom's usually not so cool about stuff like this."

"i mean, you're almost twenty years old. she's got to let you do somethings, right?"

the two laid there for a few more minutes before deciding to join the rest of the family. they ended up in the driveway playing basketball with alec, matteo, sebastian, michael, penelope, and jt.

"i feel replaced." michael faked hurt. "i've been your boyfriend for all these years and some knight in shining armor swoops you away from me."

chase shrugged his shoulder and a smile formed on his face. "shit happens."

michael smiled, giving chase a side hug as he pointed a finger at tom. "don't hurt him or i will hurt you. none of that black eye shit that alec gave you. it'll be much worse."

tom's cheeks turned pink and he glanced at chase. "trust me, i don't plan on hurting him."

the sun was beginning to set by the time angelica got home from work with dinner. chase followed her to the kitchen while everyone else grabbed food and went into the dining room to eat. he explained how tom's mom wanted to meet her and talk about vacation. she didn't even hesitate to agree with tom joining them and stated that she was going to ask if he wanted to go anyway. after agreeing to go to tom's after dinner they sat down with the rest of the family to eat.

chase watched tom interact with alec, sebastian, and michael. he was laughing at something michael had said and the way his nose slightly crinkled made the younger boy's heart leap. his black eye had started to go away and chase felt better about it.

his heart started to ache when he thought about tom leaving for school in the fall. time seemed to have been flying by ever since he met the boy and all he wanted was for it to slow down for at least a little while. he wasn't ready to let go of tom yet.

the ride to tom's house was quiet. tom drove his own car and chase rode with his mom. the radio was playing at a low volume and angelica was humming softly to it. "are you sure you're okay with tom coming to florida? i don't want to cause any problems."

angelica only smiled, keeping her eyes on the road and she followed tom's car. "it's not a problem at all. i think it's actually a splendid idea. we have plenty of room for him." another silence fell and she glanced over at the brunet once they were at a red light. "so how long have you actually been seeing tom?"

chase pursed his lips and looked out the passenger window. "i don't know." he licked his dry lips. "for awhile, i guess. i don't remember what date exactly."

"long enough for you to develop real feelings, i presume?" she lightly pressed down on the gas as the light turned green.

chase shifted in his seat and sat up straighter. "what makes you say that?"

"alec told me on his little rampage when he found out you guys were dating that you said you loved him. is that true?" she rested her sunglasses on top of her head since the sun was beginning to fade away and the street lights kicked on.

"alec needs to mind his own business." the sixteen year old boy mumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"so this relationship you two have," she paused, trying to find the right words. "it's serious?"

he furrowed his eyebrows and glanced over at her. "i think so. he—" he swallowed a lump in his throat. "he told me he loved me recently."

angelica gave a small nod. "love is a big word." the statement made chase's stomach twist. "and what about you? do you love him?"

the boy bit the inside of his cheek. "yeah, i do."

his mom smiled, "that's exciting."

"it's scary." he responded. "he's leaving for school in a few months and i don't know if i'll be able to handle the distance."

"well," angelica gave a small nod. "just do what your heart tells you to. if your heart says to stay together through it, then give it a shot. if your heart tells you to take a break and see where things take you then listen to it. in the end it will all work out and you'll find happiness either way."

his voice was barely a whisper as they pulled up in front of tom's house. "thanks, mom."

"no problem, sweetheart." she kissed his forehead and the two climbed out of the car, ready for the formal introduction and a long conversation about spring break.

× × ×

this is a short update but i'm
trying to start updating again.
my depression and anxiety have
been really bad lately and it's
hard for me to do practically
anything so updates will be slow
so please be patient with me

thank you