20

imma post this to make up for such a sad chapter bc i'm inna GOOD MOOD NOW and no longer want to die for the time being :)

× × ×

TOM'S LAUGH WAS THE first thing the boy heard when he woke up. he refused to open his eyes, wanting to hear nothing but the older boy's laugh for as long as possible. all the sickening thoughts from the day before were gone and he already knew he would be in a good mood that day. alec's dumb laugh ruined the moment and chase accidentally groaned, rolling over to look at the two boys. they were sitting on the other side of the bed with chase's baby scrapbooks in front of them.

"seriously?" chase practically squeaked as he snatched the books and threw them on the opposite side of the room. "don't show him that stuff! it's embarrassing!"

alec continued to smile as he looked at his little brother. "how're you feeling?"

chase huffed, "well i was great until i saw you showing tom my disgusting baby pictures."

"you were cute." tom laughed. "i wonder what happened."

chase narrowed his eyes at the older boy. "i got hotter."

tom's mouth immediately closed and his laughing died down. "did not see that response coming."

alec laughed, "he's naturally cocky, which means that he's back to normal."

the young brunet rubbed his eyes. "what time is it?"

alec looked at his phone. "almost ten."

chase's eyes widened, "i slept all night? shit, i have school."

"since when do you want to be at school on time?" alec questioned. "i called you out sick."

"did you guys stay in here all night?" chase asked and alec nodded.

"well i took a nap, but tom stayed up the whole time."

chase's eyes wandered over to tom and the older boy's gaze was in his lap where his phone sat. he didn't look remotely tired to the younger boy and he wondered if he ended up sleeping too when alec wasn't in the room.

"well, thanks." chase gave them both a small smile.

"i have class," alec stated, "but tom doesn't so he was going to stay with you if you wanted him to. we kind of planned this incase you still felt gross."

chase shrugged his shoulders, looking at the older boy again. "that's fine."

"alright, cool. i have to go get ready." alec left the room and the two brunets sat in an awkward silence. neither knew why it felt awkward, but it did. they remained that way until alec returned to say his goodbyes.