06

THE BRUNET NEVER CRIED, but he felt like doing nothing but just that

THE BRUNET NEVER CRIED, but he felt like doing nothing but just that. he knew he was a fuck up and didn't deserve what he had because he was greedy and treated everyone in his family poorly. he felt bad for what he had said to alec, but it was what he had felt was the truth at that moment.

the doorbell rung, but he knew alec would get it to give the little kids still out trick or treating candy. he had changed into a tank and sweatpants, and had been staring at the ceiling for nearly an hour.

there was a knock at his door, but he didn't bother getting up to answer it, nor did he speak out loud. when the door started to open he glanced over, seeing tom peek his head in.

"hey," he spoke quietly as he let himself in the room and closed the door behind him. "are you okay?"

chase brought his gaze back to the ceiling. "i'm fine."

tom pursed his lips as he walked over to chase's bed and sat down. "can i tell you the real reason alec was mad?"

"no." chase answered bluntly as he rolled over on his side so he wasn't looking at the boy.

"alright, well i'm gonna tell you anyway." he stated. "alec's ex girlfriend cheated on him with wes. it was the reason they had broken up, so when he had seen you with him it was almost an instinct for him to be mad about it. he hates the guy." chase didn't say anything and at first tom thought he fell asleep before he saw him starting to play with his fingers. "there's also something i want to get off my chest."

chase rolled over to face him. "you're not secretly in love with my brother, are you?"

tom laughed lightly. "no, no way, never." he cleared his throat and licked his lips. "i told you nothing had happened the night you slept over my house, but i lied." chase slowly sat up and his mind drifted off to bad things. "we didn't sleep together," tom quickly added and that dropped a weight off chase's shoulders. "but you—" he paused, looking anywhere but at chase. "you kissed me."

chase furrowed his eyebrows. it wasn't a big deal to him because he had randomly kissed plenty of guys before. "oh."

tom slightly furrowed his eyebrows. "it was my first kiss with a guy." he quickly added, "i mean, you kissed me. i didn't really kiss you because it happened so fast, but it was the first time a guy kissed me."

realization hit chase and he shifted uncomfortably. "i'm sorry. i was just really drunk." he never had to apologize for kissing a guy before, but he felt like a complete tool for kissing tom.

tom nodded. "it's fine. i just figured you should know."

the blue eyed boy watched him as he looked at chase's door. "are you like," he paused. "gay or bi or something?"

"i don't know." tom shook his head and quickly stood from the bed. "uh, i gotta go." he left the room and chase remained frozen, unsure of what to do. he could faintly hear tom telling alec he had to go and it caused chase to finally move.

he rushed down the hall and spotted alec walking into his room as tom headed towards the door by the garage. "wait, tom." chase was quiet because he didn't want alec to hear him. he still couldn't face him after what had been said. "i-i'm really sorry. i wish i could go back and change what happened."

tom pursed his lips and nodded. "me too," the two stared at each other for a few seconds before he added, "but i'd change it differently than you would."

chase was confused when he heard tom's response and he couldn't even open his mouth to reply. tom gave him a small smile before heading out. chase turned around and slowly made his way back to his room while his brain tossed around a million different thoughts. he had no idea what had happened and wasn't sure how to fix it.

he laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling again, tapping his fingers against his stomach. did tom wish he hadn't brought chase to his house or did he mean he wanted more than just that kiss? he wished he could remember everything that happened that night, but his brain refused to inform him and it annoyed him.

he quickly rose and slipped his shoes on his feet, making his way to alec's door. it was still open, but now the boy was alone and sitting on his phone. "i'm going for a walk. i'll be back in a little while."

alec looked up and gave him a small nod. "take your phone with you."

chase didn't worry about grabbing his phone as he left the house and headed in the direction of wes' house. he knew he shouldn't be going to his house, but he was frustrated, confused, and fucked.

soft kisses pressed to chase's neck woke him and he hummed, turning to face the culprit. he attached their lips and tugged at the boy's brown hair. it was early, but chase didn't want to go back to sleep.

"what time is it?" he mumbled as wes' lips started trailing kisses down his body.

wes hummed against his skin. "a little after five."

chase sighed and tugged at the brunet's hair as he disappeared under the blankets. he shifted around as wes' lips wrapped around his member and let a shaky breath leave his mouth as he started to bob his head. chase moaned quietly and let the boy do his thing down below before he started to kiss chase's neck again.

"i need to go." chase sighed. "i wasn't supposed to stay."

"five more minutes." he responded, nipping at the younger boy's jaw.

chase sat up and grabbed his boxers from the floor. "alright, that gives me time to ask you questions."

wes rolled his eyes. "this isn't about your brother, is it? because his girlfriend came on to me and i was horny."

the brunet shook his head. "no, it's not." he slipped on his sweatpants. "what happened at your party?"

the brown eyed boy sat up. "we made out and were gonna move it to my bedroom, but tom cockblocked saying your brother was gonna be pissed and then you left with him." he rose an eyebrow. "did you and tom hook up? i did not expect him to be into guys."

"he's not. we didn't." chase said quickly, not wanting wes to go around spreading rumors. he didn't know what kind of person he really was. "i'm just trying to remember everything."

wes gave a small nod to confirm he understood. "those five minutes are up."

"yeah," chase nodded, rising from the bed. "i'll see you later."

wes smiled, laying back down. "i hope so."

chase walked home, still feeling confused. as he walked in the front door he was met with a worried looking brother. "are you okay?" alec held chase's face in his hands to examine him for any injuries.

"i don't know." he responded as he pushed alec's hands away. "i'm going back to sleep."

"where were you?" alec asked and as chase turned to look at him the red haired boy shook his head. "never mind. i'm glad you're home though."

the brunet gave him a small nod. "me too."

× × ×

i hate this story already