13

thirteen chapters later and i'm just realizing i've been saying chase has blond hair when he has brown yikes i actually suck so much

× × ×

"TOM?" ALEC'S VOICE WAS heard through the locked door. chase didn't move, but he could hear tom cursing under his breath. he gently slid out from underneath chase, replacing his chest with a pillow for the younger boy to lay on and made his way over to the door. chase was awake now, but didn't make it noticeable as he kept his eyes closed. he heard tom unlock the door before opening it.

"uh hey, man, what's up? i totally forgot about today" chase could hear the nervousness in tom's voice.

"why's your door locked? it never is." alec began. "wait, is your hair—do you have sex hair? what the hell did you do last night? better yet, who did you do last night?"

"yeah, um," tom paused. "listen now's not a good time."

"is she still in there? is that why you're blocking the door? dude, let me see who it is!" alec was persistent.

tom faked a cough. "uh, sort of. you should probably go. i'll head over to yours in like an hour and we'll go."

"you better tell me who it is then." chase knew alec was giving him a pointed look and when the two exchanged goodbyes tom re-locked the door.

chase finally opened his eyes and saw tom walk over to his dresser. he pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it in a laundry basket before he opened his dresser drawer and grabbed a clean tee shirt. he slipped it over his head and ran his fingers through his hair to tame the messy curls that were forming. the younger brunet decided to finally sit up and rubbed his forehead. "why was my brother here?"

tom looked over at the younger boy and pursed his lips. "we were supposed to go to the beach for the day. i guess i slept in." he cleared his throat, "you should probably get yourself up and running. i'll bring you home." he grabbed a pair of swim trunks and left the room, soon returning in them along with a dark blue beach towel draped over his shoulder.

chase ran his fingers through his brown locks and sighed, rising from the couch. he laced up his shoes and shivered from the cold weather. tom offered the younger brunet a sweatshirt and chase quickly accepted, slipping it over his head.

the beach was almost four hours away, so alec and tom would most likely get home late if they wanted to stay there for awhile. the beach was also a lot warmer than where they currently were, so that was another reason the two wanted to go.

chase followed tom to his bedroom door and shoved his hands in the pocket of the gray sweatshirt he wore. as they reached the door tom turned to chase and met his gaze. he give him a lopsided smile before pressing a kiss to his forehead and led the way upstairs. chase didn't know how to respond, so he simply closed tom's door and followed him out to the car.

the car ride was completely silent, not even music played, and chase bit at his fingernails. it was a habit he had always hated, but in this moment it was the only thing he could do since his phone was dead and he didn't want to touch the stereo.

as they pulled up to chase's house the younger brunet sped inside, heading straight for his room. he was met with a curious looking bailey, displeased looking tyler, and a sly looking amara. "hi." he spoke slowly as he closed his door.

"where the hell have you been?" tyler questioned. "we've been waiting for you for almost an hour and your phone's off."

"it's dead." chase corrected, walking over to his closet. "and you didn't have to wait here for me. i could've met you at the mall."

"where were you, chase?" bailey asked.

amara rolled her eyes and stood up. "we all know where he was." she draped an arm around chase's shoulders. "clearly, he was getting laid."

chase squinted his eyes before brushing the brunette off him. "not exactly." he shook his head, "it doesn't matter anyway. give me five minutes and we'll go."

"you have two." tyler walked out of the room and bailey followed, leaving amara alone with the boy.

"who pissed in his cheerios?" the brunet asked.

"apparently you did." amara answered. "the movie starts in an hour and we still haven't even bought tickets." chase opened his mouth to speak and amara shushed him. "if we went early without you, you would've thrown a fit; don't try to deny it." he shook his head again and tugged off his shorts, not caring that the girl was in the room. he put on jeans and pulled tom's sweatshirt over his head, placing it on top of his dresser. "is that a new sweatshirt?"

"yeah," chase responded quickly as he pulled his shirt over his head and picked up the sweatshirt again. he put it back on and sighed as tom's scent radiated off of it. "let's go." he grabbed his wallet from his dresser and his phone charger before heading out with amara. the two got into tyler's car and chase plugged his phone in, letting the apple symbol appear.

"where's alec and tom going?" tyler questioned as they pulled out of the driveway.

"and why is this the first time i'm seeing tom because he's attractive as hell." bailey stated.

"beach and he's too old for you." chase mumbled, turning his phone on airplane mode so it would charge faster.

"i'm sixteen." bailey shrugged her shoulders. "he's, what? like eighteen?"

"nineteen, almost twenty." chase corrected.

"so?" the blonde shrugged again, "that's not to bad."

chase looked out the window and shook his head. "it's illegal."

bailey scoffed, turning around in her seat to face to boy. "when did you suddenly start caring about what's illegal? i mean, you were just underage drinking at a party last night."

chase ignored her, keeping his gaze out the window. his phone was gripped his hand tightly and he didn't even want to see the movie anymore. he would much rather be at the beach admiring tom's toned body. it was about a forty five minute drive to the mall and they pulled into the theatre parking lot. chase was the first to get out and headed into the building. he got his ticket and waited for the others to get theirs before buying a box of curly fries and a drink.

"ignore them," amara said, draping an arm around his shoulders. "let's go enjoy the movie."