16

THE B ON THE blue eyed boy's paper shocked him and he looked at the teacher to make sure she wasn't messing with him

THE B ON THE blue eyed boy's paper shocked him and he looked at the teacher to make sure she wasn't messing with him. she gave him a smile and said 'good job' before handing out the rest of the tests. she grabbed a stack of lined paper and started hanging two out to each student.

"okay, i know we all hate essays, but this one is important. it's worth forty percent of your grade and is the easiest assignment you will ever receive." she began as she walked back to her desk. "you're going to write about you. write about your family and friends. write about how you're feeling and what you're going through in life. you have two weeks to turn it in, but you're welcome to turn it in early. after they're graded i will be giving extra credit to anyone that wants to talk about their essay out loud to the class."

amara rose her hand from two seats behind the brunet. "how much extra credit?"

"ten points added onto your essay grade." the teacher answered. "i want you all to begin jotting down a few things you want to put in your essay. you have the remainder of the class to work on it. also, since i probably won't see most of you as you run out the door: have a good weekend!"

chase looked at the lines on the paper and picked up his pencil writing a few words on the paper and circled them. adopted. accepted. supported. loved.

he listed off a few things that led up to his adoption and how he was accepted for his sexuality and how he was. he was supported by his family and always encouraged to do things. to say he was loved was an understatement. he knew how much he meant to his family and they meant just as much to him. after seeing all of them waiting up for the boy the night before he knew this was where he belonged: with a loving family of twelve.

this was an easy paper for him to write and he was praying to whoever was up above that he'd get an a. he wrote down things about each of his best friends, admiring them as best as he could. there was so much he could say about them, but he knew he didn't want to make the paper that long.

as the bell rung chase stuck his papers in his backpack and rose from his seat, only to be stopped to the teacher. amara gave him a smile, "ill meet you at your locker."

the brunet walked up to the desk and gripped the strap of his backpack right. "i heard you had a small mishap at home yesterday. i know it's none of my business, but just know you can talk to me if you need." she handed him a vocabulary sheet. "this is the vocabulary for next week's quiz. you seem to know what you're doing now, so keep up the good work."

"thanks." he gave her a small smile and headed out of the room. he put the vocab sheet in his bag and walked over to his locker, putting everything he didnt need to bring home in it.

amara sighed as the two headed out of the building. "how much longer until you're ungrounded because i miss you."

chase chuckled, following her to the parking lot where matteo was waiting for the boy. "tuesday."