Black Rose of love

Ciara's lips formed a delicious smile as she viewed the black rose that sat up in the elegant oval shaped glass pot... The rose was amazing to look at but it was the pot that captured ones attention.

It wasn'nt really a regular flower holder. It seemed as if it had been prepared for the showcase of Cinderella's Glass shoe. The casing was beyond reality.

I continued to stare at the black rose. Although more of a inscrutable flush cherry-red color rather than black, the rose was the result of much age, patience, purity and some sort of spell....I suppose.

And my, wasn't it going to look lovely with the rest of my collectibles? Ciara commented to herself. Her dearly departed Grandmother would have been proud, her thoughts drawing a wistful sigh.

Grandmother Kathy told Ciara stories as a young girl. All the "normal" children consider Kathy a crazy old woman but she just had a wild imagination leave it Ciara.

The children were rude, scared or simply told to stay away from the Dolly's home. With children frightful of Ciara and her weird grandmother. She had been home schooled. Kathy made sure Ciara had everything she could desire. She had more than enough money, play rooms in a mansion all of her own, nanny's who appeared to be human but were secretly Ciara's magical guardians, they would form into what or who ever she needed.

There are many things Grandma Kat taught Ciara, she would soon find out all grandmothers stories were real. Ciara could change the world unleashing her powers. The only other living relative from Kat's blood-line. Question is would Ciara use them for good or evil?

Ciara took her sit at the auction hall ready to place the highest bid on the Black rose. Funny she thought because she didn't have to spend much at all. No one else was there for the item she wished for.

Was it because according to Grandmother Kathy, the Westwitch family had instilled a hex on that a rose Pot?

Which only a Black Magic Rose could break......

Amused Ciara smiled wildly she was done bidding, she had gotten all the items off Kathy's "enchanted objects list", glancing at the list only wishing her grandmother was really watching over her and proud she traveled far and wide to bring her precious items home.

Sadness almost took over Ciara! Grandmother Kathy loved collecting her item on her own but it was C-c's turn now ,Grandmother was no longer earth bound. C-c heard a noise pulling her back to the present she remembered all Kathy had said about this Rose.

If Grandma Kathy were correct, Ciara would be in for many more surprizes.

The story Kat told was that the rose carried the power of love. The first two people of the oppsite sex would instantly fall in love, after touching it of course.

No worries there though the casing didn't look as if it would easily break.

marrying the first man who was drawn to the rose, and who would then touch the rose.

Ciara chuckled to herself, the so-called hex ridiculous.

And being in her mid-twenties, she doubted very seriously if a 'Mister Right Knight' was in her near future. For some reason, she seemed better at getting men irritated with her rather than in a romantic mood. It had been this way since her childhood.

She must be doing something wrong - but what that 'something' was, she did not know.

It didn't really bother her to find out ,either.