figuring things out

Kurt suddenly delivered a deep sigh. He ran his hands over his eyes. He looked washout as if trying to erase a visit from the devil himself.

He didn't seem confused at all.

He knew what I had been rambling about was true.

"Sometimes in life certain things need special attention." He said swiftly and surely.

My face dropped unsure of what he meant.

"Unfortunately, the pieces of the puzzle just fell into place," he drawled, sighing again, seeing Jana's plans fully unraveled.

For the last weeks she had been mentioning the beckie and brandy's reeducation. I guess that was her hinting. " Education is not a area lacked greatly in this department. "Kurt singled out.

Ciara saw the children herself. She somehow knew they were capable of learning. They appear to be bright for their age. This town was full of educational tools. No reason to separate them for their father. Being without a mother had to be hard enough.

Everything suddenly clicked, becoming real. "She didn't care about the kids! No way, no how. "Kurt amused himself as the words formed from his mouth.

"I'm sorry," Ciara offered, not knowing what else to say.

"The children said that they had wanted to speak with you, but were afraid. They had been threatened by Jana. Both were quite terrified of the potential consequences."

I never saw children so afraid."

"It appears that I owe you yet another debt of gratitude, Ciara. Thank you for having.....the courage to speak with me about this," Kurt told Ciara. With his voice sounding sincere.