Chapter 7

Monday and Tuesday we had a test. The test was a thing we have to take or else we don't pass the grade. Which sucked because I don't like test and to make it even worse they had it on a Monday and Tuesday. Two of the worst days of the week. Even though the test was hard that was not the only thing hard to understand. Every day, someone new, Betty would make me see them hurt. All the more reason I wanted to protect them from being hurt.
On Wednesday I had enough. I was so sick and tired of seeing things I shouldn't and hearing thing that weren't meant to be herd. That day Jasmine had a doctors appointment. I walked home alone telling myself it was all in my head. I told myself I was probably just not eating right or I was just dehydrated. Either way I started lying to myself.
"Walking alone?" Betty asked playfully.
"Go away. You aren't real." I replied.
"Wow, didn't think I would do THIS to you in not even a week."
"Wow, I didn't think YOU would keep pestering me in not even a week." I said sarcastically as I continued, "clearly, I don't like this game your playing."
"That doesn't matter now. Anyway let's talk about our offer."
"Yeah, let's talk because you obviously don't understand what's coming out of my mouth. It's my body and my mind not yours."
"Oh, but Faith, you must have misunderstood me. Who was the one who you in control?"
I was silent. I didn't care for her kinds of talk. I was the one who put me in control. She can't take what is mine. Unless it wasn't mine. After I got home I did my homework and turned on the TV. There was this show about how this one doctor has to save countless people from soul damage. It's one of my favorites because it's a real doctor and real people. The episode that was on was an episode about how the doctor cut a soul in half to check the inside for any problems. It is called Doctor Soul.
Then, it hit me. What if I got Kam to cut my soul in half and he could see if anything on the inside was wrong. The doctor talked to one of the nurses about how doing this had a fifty, fifty in a person living through that. I could die from that. I didn't care though and honestly I would prefer death than Betty telling me to get rid of my friends.
   Then again I would prefer to be with my friends instead of death. That night I kept thinking about it. What if that was the key. Only one problem. Could Kam even do it? He might say no but because I could die but, then again he might say yes because he wants what's best for me. Now, all I have to do is ask. Right? Well, I had to work up the nerve because I needed to seem determined instead of scared. I'm not letting him see me afraid.

            Even though I am afraid.