Chapter 17

I didn't know what it was but, Betty yelled it like it was some sort of spell. I wasn't affected by it so it didn't matter. I pointed the paint brush at her but it had some pink outline around it. I dropped it thinking it was a power but it didn't go on the floor. It, instead, floated to her. I was terrified and all I could do was hold my hands above my face to protect it.
She used a laser on me and it pushed me back hard. She then grabbed me and threw me up in the air. When I came down, she kicked me right in the stomach causing me to cough up blood. Still, I put up a fight by taking out my pocket knife and charging towards her. She punch my left eye and painted a knife.
"Faith this is silly. Just give up. You already lost." Betty said as she threw the knife near me.
"Heh. I'll give up when I'm dead." I said.
"You really wanna go like that."
"I don't plan to lose. Even if I die doing this. I promise you, I will stop you."
"I'd like to see you try." She said as she kick me against the wall. I hit my head hard enough for it to start bleeding. At that point I could no longer stand. I tried but I just couldn't. She turned Kumu into a spear.
I lost. She came up to me and raised her spear up high. Just before she brought it down she was hit with something. I looked over to find Kam and Jasmine with the compositor. Hailey rushed over to me to heal me. The others gave all they got to Betty hoping they won't lose. After I was healed, I got up to fight.
With Hailey, we used her shield to stop Betty from hitting us straight on. Kam shoot at least twenty bullets at her but of course she dogged them. Elena then ran up behind her and gave her a good wack. Kumu had to act fast so he tried to take Jasmine's soul. Jasmine quickly moved out of the way. Kumu then turned to Hailey who was to terrified to move. I didn't want her to die. I had to act fast.
I took the hit. Kumu's pink spike was impaled in me with my soul on it's end. I fell back as kumu pulled it out of my chest. Hailey caught me on her knees and started to tear up. I tried so hard to keep it together but I had nothing left. I was slowly turning to dust. I could see what Betty meant when she said my chest was going to hurt more.
"Hailey..." I said with my dying breath.
"Y-Yeah?" She replied barely holding in her tears.
"Enjoy Ireland for me. Ok?" I said as I turned to dust. Kumu chomped down on my soul. The only thing left of me was dust and my jacket.
She's gone. She's actually gone. She promised me she wouldn't die out here. Jasmine and bri looked at me with sorrow. Elena didn't seem to care that her younger sibling was dead. Kam used another gadget that teleports people to get us away from Betty. We teleported to the lab with regret. I need her here. Without her, my life means nothing.
"I can't believe she did that." I said.
"She knew the risk but, took them anyway." Jasmine said.
"I wish we had more time with her" bri said.
"I need one of her hugs." I said as Jasmine went upstairs.
"She gave the best hugs."
"Maybe if I put her jacket on it will be like a hug." I said as I put on her jacket. It was warm and soft just like her hugs. I hugged myself and looked at my hands. What was on them was her dust. Kam sat in a corner alone thinking about what happened. Elena was leaning up against the wall.
I actually did it. I killed her. See Faith, isn't it easier to just give up. It didn't have to go this way you know. You could have just left them and this whole thing wouldn't have happened. This is what you get for leaving me all alone. And the best part is you left your friends in the end so it works out nicely. I looked at my soul and watched as it became a whole soul. Now I have a full soul instead of my dumb half soul.

She died a fool and yet a hero.