Chapter 8

Today is the day. Thursday is one of my better days so when I woke up I knew I could do this. At recess I told him that after school we had to talk about something in his last. He seemed ok with it and played hoop with his friends. Me and Jasmine stuck together and did the kinda normal stuff. We talked and joke but, not today. She still seemed kinda messed up but, didn't speak of it.
     "Hey you ok?" I asked.
     "Not after what Hailey told me." She replied with a dead tone.
"What did Hailey tell you?"
"She told me that you had pink eyes. She also told me not to tell you she told me this."
"I told her I would tell if it became more of a thing."
"Let's be honest, you really wouldn't tell."
"Still, I didn't want to worry you."
"Please, don't tell her I told you this."
"I won't tell as long as you start smiling."
"Thanks." She said with a small smile. I wish Hailey hadn't said anything. If she told Jasmine, then she must have told everyone else too. That didn't matter because I had to get Kam to do me my favor. After school I told my mom I had my club so she wouldn't worry about where I was. I went straight to the lab and Kam was there waiting for me. He must know but, if he doesn't then I'll tell him.
     After all he's understanding. He has to say yes otherwise I'm gonna lose my mind. I have had enough of Betty and I was just ready to make her go away. Kam looked at me with a serious look which made me believe he knew. He never is serious in any situation. It was time for me to do this. There is nothing to be afraid of.
   "How's it been going?" I asked.
   "Hailey already told me what I believe your here to tell me. So, you don't have to sugar coat this." He said.
"Ok then, will you do me this favor?"
"Depends what it is."
"I found out that you can look inside a soul by cutting it in half. I would like you to cut my soul and see if there truly is something wrong with my soul."
"No!"
"What! Why?"
"Because it will kill you!"
    I paused for a moment. I didn't know he cared so much. I knew it could kill me but, that's a risk a was willing to take.
   "Kam, please. I am a strong person I won't die. Just please." I said as I look at him with my puppy eyes hoping he will say yes.
   "Fine. Now if I do this and you do die it can't be undone. You realize that, right?" He asked
"Yes, I'm willing to take this risk if it will truly help me."
"If I do this right and there is something wrong, I'll fix it."
   He took me to the soul scanner. He had to first type to the computer the soul it was testing. It couldn't pick up my soul. I didn't know why and nether did he. He was so confused because last time it picked it up just fine. Then we realize the problem. Last time I didn't have my lucky jacket on because I wasn't cold. This time I had it on but, my jacket is thick so the computer can't pick up my soul.
    "Can you take off your jacket?" Kam asked.
     "Yeah, I can." I said with a smile.
"Will you take off your jacket?"
"Fine. You make me do so much for such little things."
"Look who's talking." 
     I took off my jacket and the computer could finally pick up my soul. Kam took a small knife out from a cabinet. I showed my soul to him and he seemed hesitant. I knew he did want to do it. He asked me if I wanted it fast or slow. I said fast because I didn't want this to take very long. He raised the knife and lined it up perfectly with the top. Then he slashed down cutting my soul in half.
     It hurt. It hurt real bad. My chest wouldn't stop hurting. From that I lost  my balance and fell to my knees. I regret this. Kam tried helping my stand but I couldn't. The pain was so bad, I couldn't take it. One of the halves came back to me really quickly. My chest stopped hurting as bad but it was still painful. The other half turned to a bright pink. The a flash of a bright light blinded me and Kam. The light slowly faded out.

    There she stood with an evil smile.