Chapter 26

Me and Jasmine looked all over the place. We had our theories about what happened but no proof. We wondered if Bri or Elena saw them but they were clueless. In Kam's room right on his desk was the compositor. If they left for Betty he would leave it. That's when I figured out what happened. Betty took them.
   Kam woke up. I helped him stand sense that was the only thing I could do. We were armed with only a gun and a knife. These things seem like they are good for a fight but, in this case they are useless. He and I realized that we were gonna die trying this. He wanted to run but, I feel we wouldn't make it to the door. Betty waited for us to make a move.
   I grabbed the paint push and the compositor. I told Bri and Elena to stay behind and wait for us to call for help. I didn't want to get Faith's sister killed and she can't be left alone. Me and Jasmine ran out of the house. We prayed and hopped they weren't dead. Honestly, it's hard to fight someone you can't fight.
   Betty got tired of waiting. She used kumu to make him turn into a big hammer. Right in my stomach is where it hit me. Kam came behind her to try and lead her to a trap but, they were all broken. Afraid of dying again I stayed down just for a little. I let Kam take the fight. He lasted longer then I did. But, he ended on the floor like me.
   Hailey and Jasmine ran through the door. They made a mistake coming here. They can't be hurt. Hailey threw me the paint brush. Then she threw the compositor to Kam. We both got up and I healed myself and Kam. I was so ready for this but at the same time I was afraid. I don't wanna die. Kam used the compositor on Betty but it missed.
   I feel Kam has been rethinking his life ever since he missed the first time. Hailey and Jasmine hid behind a huge crate. Hailey for some reason had her phone out. Then she made a phone call to someone but I didn't know who. I swear if the pizza guy shows up I'm eat the whole thing. All I could feel was blood running down my face.
   The room was spinning. Betty used her kumu hammer to wack me on the head. It was hard to stand but even hard to keep my eye opened. I passed out from that. Down so quickly. One hit was all it took. I had a dream though. Danny and Liza were in it and they were both gray. I couldn't save them and the thought of that just hurt me.
   They both came up to me and hugged me. I hugged back but I could feel them slipping away. All around me was darkness and colors at the same time. All my friends looked at me with a face of fear. They all reached out for me but I just couldn't reach them. Everything was slipping away from me. Then I woke up.
   Elena and Bri were magically there fighting Betty. I could feel a pain in my head but that didn't worry me. What worried me was the fact that they could get hurt. Still dizzy I got up and lifted the paint brush. I covered the ground with purple ink. Betty seemed confused but to focused to care. Then it slowly got harder for her to lift her feet. I then painted a game.

  One day, I hope Betty will play with me.