Chapter 18

It is hard to watch someone you love die. It's even harder to watch a kid die. Her mom will not be happy so we need to fix this. Death is something that's can't be undone. So, no point in trying. I went to talk to Elena since she seemed darker then normal. For some reason everything just seem gray. The colors around us no longer were bright. Jasmine and bri were upstairs, I think they were planning something.
"Hey, Elena. I'm really sorry about your sister. It must be hard to lose someone like that." I said.
"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault." Elena said.
"It feels so wrong though."
"You should be glad she's dead."
"What?She is gone! And she's not coming back so,why would I be glad?"
"Is she really gone though? If you looked at Betty's soul you would have seen it turned back to a full soul. If we cut it in half again Faith just might come back."
"That seems impossible though." I said feeling more confused. Could we really get her back. Something so simple seems so impossible to do. I went over to Kam who seemed angry then of sad. I sat next to him and noticed he was holding a watermelon candy. I wondered why he would care. He never seemed to like Faith in that way.
"So, did you like her?" I asked.
"Not in that way." He said.
"What's bugging you?"
"We all could had done something to prevent this. And yet, all we did was stand by and watch."
"Hey it's ok, sure we lost her but we can fix this."
"Can we? Seems like the world already told us she had a debt to pay."
"Don't think of it like that." I said. I got up and held out my hand to him to help him up. He then looked at me with fear and his eyes were a bright pink. I wonder what he saw.
I saw Faith when Hailey gave me her hand. I couldn't understand how or why but she seemed happy. Then Faith turned all bloody and had a black eye. I was so scared because I should see her. I just can't take what we all did. Betty didn't kill her, we did. We let her do this when we all knew she could have gotten hurt. My vision came back to normal. The jacket must a have triggered me.
Faith always had a jacket on. With her black shirt and her red leggings she didn't match one bit. She never did. I always liked that about her. I wonder why she never matched, sometimes. Upstairs Jasmine and bri were talking but I didn't know what it was about. Hailey walked into Faith's room and closed the door. I wonder what Hailey needed in her room but, it seemed important to her. Maybe she just needed to see what Faith's creativity can do.
Bri was pacing back and forth by the table. I was just looking at a picture of me and Faith. We took it not to long ago. It was when we were at the park and Faith wanted to take a selfie with me. Then she printed two copies and gave one to me. We were both happy in that picture. It was like the world didn't exist but we did. She was a mistake.
"What are we gonna do?" Bri asked herself. Then she looked at me.
"Nine years.....nine long years." I replied.
"Huh?"
"Nine years of my life wasted. I knew she would get me hurt a long time ago. And yet I stayed anyway because I was curious."
"She didn't want this either. You know that, right?"
"I should have just kept my mouth shut. At least then I wouldn't have gotten attached to this girl." As I said this I drop this picture on the table. I started to tear up which is really rare for me. I couldn't take the pain she brought me. I went downstairs with Bri without saying a thing. Meeting Faith was probably the biggest mistake of my life.
   I looked at Jasmine but her face seemed so blank and dead. I gathered everyone together and told them the plan Elena had. They had all lost most of their hope. I went back into Faith's room just to look at her work. I saw her phone charging and decided to go through it. I looked back at all of the things we said to each other. I started to cry but I was also no longer controlling my rage.
   "Why her?!?!" I yelled, "She was so nice and innocent! People like her aren't supposed to die. Damn it, Faith. I'm sorry...." I cried. I was on my knees hugging myself tightly. Her jacket was all I had left to remember her. I tried to pull myself together but even that was a challenge. Betty will pay for what she did. After what she did mercy is now off the table. But now I'm curious.
       Why is she doing all of this?