Chapter 10

Hailey and I talked for about an hour before she realized I only had half a soul. My chest wouldn't stop hurting so when I fell over she saw my soul. She was shocked to see that the other half was gone and wanted to know were it went. I didn't know how to explain it but I told her what happened. That was the last time I saw her smile. It was replaced with a terrified face. As I tried to make her feel better she ran out of my house. I knew where she was going.
   She was going to tell bri. I didn't stop her nor feared what might happen. I wanted to learn more about Betty. I waited till Saturday to go to the one place that had both torture and free wifi. The library. It had many books of all sizes and genres. Each book had an adventure worth reading about. I went to the very back of the library which is were the soul section was. I found a pink book that was all about a pink soul. The trait was Bete nore but it's more known as fear.
   The trait can only be defeated with a determination soul and only one can exist when a fear soul is existing. Then the book had ripped out pages which I found on another shelf. The pages were all black and were standing as if the book was still there waiting to be read. I placed the book just right on the pages then a secret passage opened up. Inside was a lonely book that was the size of a foot rest. The cover was brown an had not picture or a title. I didn't have time to read so I tried to check it out.
   The lady at the counter wasn't willing to give up the book. She made up reasons I could get the book and even tried saying my library card was expired. After a long battle I came out victorious and I went home to read the book. I read the book only to find out it was about a paint brush. At first, I thought it was kinda stupid that a secret book would be about a paint brush but then as I read I learned it wasn't a normal paint brush.
   The book didn't say why it was powerful or how it went missing but it did have a map as to were it was. It was supposedly hidden in Evergreen Forest. But that was about a day and a half long trip from the city. The next few pages after words was about how it need to be found. It had to be found with six friends closest to one another and they all had to have good intentions for using the paint brush. Getting to it was going to be hard because of the challenges protecting the brush. Once they find it then and only then will they be worthy of the paint brush.
   "What are you reading?" Elena asked.
   "A book about a paint brush." I said.
"Really? It doesn't happen to be about THE paint brush now does it?"
"Yeah it does, why?"
"Just because I kinda wanna find it. It would be cool to paint anything. Maybe even paint away my you know."
"You think it can do that?"
"I don't know. But I would like to know where it is."
"The map says it's at Evergreen."
"Are you gonna go for it?"
"Yeah. Because I need to get ride of Betty."
"She isn't back again is she?" As she said that I realized that she knew Betty. I told her what happened and showed her my soul as proof. Her face kept the same emotion on it. She seemed unimpressed, as if she was calling an idiot. I knew doing this would be hard and with our parent knowing what we are doing, she might not let us go. Who could even go with us it make it six friends? That's when I decided something.

          I will paint my story to life.