Chapter 29

She stood there tall and shiny. Her sweater turned into a long flowing God like dress. The bottom was white the middle part was pink and the top was purple. Her dress was long sleeved and you could no longer see her feet. Kumu was sitting on her shoulder and nibbling on a small piece of paper. She looked around to make sure she wasn't drunk or something.
Honestly, I think we all had to make sure we weren't drunk. She thanked us and then lead us to my back yard. There was a golden stair case only we could see. I don't even know how the stairs even got there but they were there. At first, I thought me and my friends died and I got to walk them to heaven. Reader, I have done things that will surely land me in hell. But we weren't dead.
We went up the stairs, following Betty. What seemed like day was an hour of climbing stairs. I felt skinnier then a stick. Everyone else was the same. Betty lead us to a castle in the sky. It was beautiful. The castle was as huge and rather impressive. Betty's didn't seem to break a sweat and was extremely excited to be here.
It was her home. She took us threw the entire building. Showing us the wonders of a god. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact the she was a goddess. That must have been why she was doing all of this. She took us two this hallway with eleven doors. Only six had actual color. Five of the doors were gray. I'm guessing the ones with color are the ones with the gods of traits in it.
"Well guy this is my room." Betty said excited.
"What do the gray ones mean?" I asked.
"Hmmm. I don't know. The weren't gray the last time I was here."
"So, the colored ones means something right?"
"Well when they are colored it usually mean the god is currently here. They turn gray went they are either down were you humans live or missing."
"Oh." I said. I wondered what was in the other rooms but they seemed to be locked. As soon as Betty touched the door it turned pink. She opened a door it a very pink room. It was almost like the room me and Elena shared. She messed around in it for a while then took us to a throne room. There were two diamond thrones and and ten gold thrones.
I was hit with slight confusion. There were more thrones then of bedrooms. Why have the extras? Sitting in six were the gods of traits that I knew. Patience, bravery, integrity, perseverance, kindness, and justice were all there. Betty then left us to talk to them. I looked around at the gods and goddesses and wonder how their traits worked.
   I went over to my trait to talk to her. Justice was a girl which is not what I expected. I had a girl friend that I loved so much but after the break up I don't know what match is good for me. Justice had a cowgirl hat on and a gun on her belt. She smiled at me and got on her knees to talk to me.
   "Greetings!" Justice said.
   "H-Hi. I'm Kameran but my friends call me Kam for short." I replied.
"Well Kam, do you anything you want to ask me?"
"Actually I do."
"Shoot then."
"What trait would you say is a good match for me?"
"Ah, getting into love I see. Well, even though the two colors don't really mix a bit of purple is the best for a little yellow like yourself."
"Really?"
"And you have a little cute one right there." She said pointing to Faith. I was confused. Even if I wanted to date her it's not like I can. She doesn't want to fall in love with anyone. But I know it's because she doesn't want to get too hurt. She's seen a lot of relationships fail which make her think none will last for anyone. So, why not save yourself the heart break?
   I looked at the god of perseverance and wondered what was in the book he was holding. Instead of talking to me he looked at me with fear. He then went to the other gods and whispered something to them. I could only be confused. The gods didn't look at me, they looked at the paint brush.
   "Is that....the paint brush?" Goddess of bravery asked.
   "The one that has mom's power?" Asked the god of kindness.
   "This thing? Is this important?" I asked.
   "Our mother's power is in that paint brush." Betty said. The other gods started talking about their mother. But I didn't see a mother any were. I was just so confused. After a while of hanging with the gods Betty took up back down the stairs. The stairs weren't in my back yard anymore. They were in Evergreen. She took us down the trail they lead back to the road.
   Our car was parked right on the road. Betty thanked us once more as she threw me the keys. She then returned to her home in the clouds. As we drove home I looked at everyone. Instead of happy to go back home they seemed gray. I could understand why though. What we've been through was kinda fun. Why stop here?

The life of adventure was calling to us.