Chapter 22

What are we gonna do? I had to come up with a plan and fast. Time is just a figment of our imagination. We were running low on ideas. We were all more worried about doing other things then to care about Betty. The more we lose focus, the more Betty digs our graves. Betty is quick on her feet so we just have to be quicker. I was getting light headed from being so stressed.
I hardly feel like myself anymore. Bri entered to planning room with me and gave me a blueprint. It was the blueprint for the warehouse house. There were so many places we could hide and set up traps. Bri sat down and started drawing the traps we could make. I liked the way she adapts quickly.
"So, if we make these traps we would have to be extremely careful. Betty could still be in there when we get there." Bri said.
"How are we even going to set this up?" I asked
"We could get one person to set up the traps and have the others distract Betty."
"Is this going to work?"
"I don't know. Honestly, we all lost hope for anything. We all just seem gray."
"Why?"
"After you were gone, we all just thought it was over."
"But, I'm here now."
"And let's pray it stays that way." She said. She told the others what we were gonna do. After what she said I felt so guilty. I was the reason everyone lost hope. I wanted to give it back. I couldn't do that if we just sit around though. We left for the warehouse gray and hopeless.
Bri and Elena went to set up traps for Betty. They were both the quietest ones. Me and the other kept our guard up. If Betty was here I wasn't going to let my friends be hurt. I am willing to die again if it meant they were okay. After we were done, we left without making a sound. Betty wasn't there though so, whatever she is planning it must involve her not being there. We were very nervous about tomorrow.
I was gone for a day after the whole thing that went down at school. I left without telling anyone were I was going. To top that off I pulled the fire alarm which can get me in trouble. I wasn't up to dealing with all of that. I was more worried about if they would ask about Betty. I didn't know what I would tell them.
   I walked to school, more nervous then ever. When I got to school, people stared at me. A million eyes gazed upon me in a way they never did before. It wasn't the usual "God she's so weird, who would ever care about her" stare. It was the "she did something so amazing, I wanna be just like her" stare. I stood at my normal spot with a thousand whispers and stares.
   Bri came running up to me with huge news. She gave me a smile worth more then all the money in the world.
   "Dude you are famous!" She yelled.
   "What are you talking about?" I asked.
"Everyone knows what you did! You saved them!"
"So?"
"They love you!"
"No, they hate me, they told me that. They are now jealous and are going to hate me more."
"I'm sure they changed."
"People don't change until they believe they have to." I said as the doors opened up. She still had that smile on her face. I was waiting for someone to start yelling at me and say they they should have saved everyone. That's the problem here reader. At this school I get judged for every little thing. They hate me, they told me that. They won't ever change.
   In class the teacher told everyone to circle up and say thank you to me. But, how did they know what I did? The cameras! The principal probably told them. Oh, this is going to be one long day. What? Reader, do you really think I would abuse popularity just because of what I did? I wouldn't because my friends are more important then what other people say. I don't care about popularity anymore.

       I left that life two years ago.