Chapter 23

Before I came to this school I went to Wolfe Street Academy. You know that much. My sister went there first so I had to go there. I tried to keep to myself and stay alone. I didn't want to get hurt. I was afraid of them because of the words I'd fear they'd say. But, they were kind. They expected me and who I was. No matter what I did.
I became the most popular kid in school by kindergarten. Everyone knew my name. I loved that feeling. It was different when I met Jasmine. I didn't want to lose her because I was popular. So instead, I talked to her more then anyone else. I was still loved. When we graduated we both ended up going it Hampsted Hill Academy. Here is where things changed.
No one knew my name. I was hated for everything. No matter what I did, they would bully me. Some people were nice. But, that was a very small some. Now that I have saved them, they like me. I wonder how long that would go on for. The teacher got a phone call from the principal. This can't be good. Everyone watched and whispered what they believe.
I walked in the office to find the principal doing paper work. I sat down in desk chair. I wanted to spin around in it but I'm no fidget spinner. He looked up at me and all I would do was hope I don't die.
"Young lady we need to have an important issue to talk about." He said.
"What is it?" I replied.
"You left school during hours and failed to notify an adult where you were going. You pulled the fire alarm causing a false emergency."
"That wasn't a false emergency. If I didn't pull it, by the time everyone knew what was going on, more kids would have died."
"I see. And, where did you go when you left."
"I had to go stop the monster that started this."
"Well missy, I hope you'll tell me who started this."
"They don't go to this school."
"That's not what I was asking."
"Her name is Betty."
"Mind telling me what she looks like. Oh, and don't even think about lying. Because if you do I'll be forced to expel you."
"She has pink eyes."
"I already don't believe you."
"Then, what's the point in telling you if you're just going say I'm lying?"
"Ok, I'm willing to listen to every word that comes out of your mouth. But, I better not find out you are lying."
"Ok." I said, getting more nervous by the second. I didn't know what to say but I can't afford to get expelled. If I got expelled it wouldn't be Betty who kills me. I told him everything I knew. He seemed to believe me but, I feel he thinks I'm lying.
I told him where I was and what Betty looked like. He seemed some what pleased. He got out a note pad and started writing down what I said. If he knows and he tells other people, once me and my friends are dead then Betty would kill him first. She seems like the kind of person who wants to do everything in secret.
"That's all I know." I said, finishing my story.
"Good. Now, if I asked your friends, who also left during school hours, would they tell me the same thing?" He asked.
"Only if I told them that they could tell you."
"Why is that?"
"Because we are keeping this a secret. If Betty knows that I told you all of this, you will be next on her hit list."
"Well, let's hope that she doesn't know."
"Now, if you are anything like your brother's school you will let me and my friends of the hook."
"Very well, you may go." He said. I left the office shaking. I hope he understands why I just didn't want to tell me. I think he even blackmailed me just so I would tell him. I bet, if he didn't know it was me he would do the same thing to everyone he assumed. I went back upstairs and whispered to Jasmine what happened. We were lucky enough to be able to sit together.
At lunch I told the others what happened. They didn't seem all that surprised. The principal always has a way to make kids spill about their deeds. Everyone kept looking at me though and it was very uncomfortable. I hadn't had this many eyes sense my old school. With Liza and Danny gone everyone had gray faces. They were more for Danny then for Liza. They didn't like her either.
They told her to drink bleach every day. They said it was a joke but, you can't say something like that and say it was a joke. I knew I couldn't save them all but, the ones who were safe felt a slight confusion. They didn't know if they should love me or hate me. I did save them but, I didn't save all of them. It's hard to decide when the person you hate is the reason you are still alive.

It's hard to think of it this way.