Kicking Ass

Today is the day! Second last day of school, aka the day I leave to go on tour with One Direction!

I had my bags packed, which consisted of three suitcases (I’d be gone all summer!) and an empty duffle bag that Liam had suggested because I knew I’d be shopping.

Paul was coming by later to pick up my bags, and I was off to school for the last time in my grade eleven year. Darcey was on her way to pick me up, and after school, the boys would come get me in the tour bus we’d be using to get to L.A. where One Direction had their first concert of the 2 month tour. After Los Angeles were California, then Phoenix, Dallas, Kansas City, and finally New York. The tour went kind of backwards starting furthest away from Ottawa then getting closer and closer, but I wasn’t complaining; I’d never been to any of these places before! We then took a flight out of New York to England where we’d be joined by Eleanor and Danielle and then IRELAND! I was so excited!

I heard Darcey’s car horn from outside and headed out, excited for school to be over, but of course, when you want it to be over, it takes forever, and today ticked by like molasses on a winter’s day travelling uphill.

When the bell signaling the end of the day finally sounded, I was the first one outside, waiting excitedly for the boys to pick me up.

“Face book me, and take lots of pictures and have fun!” Judline said hugging me

“Be safe!” Ben said giving me a hug

“Use protection.” Mark said grinning before giving me a bone crushing squeeze

“Don’t let the fans steal any of your hats.” Robert said leaning down to quickly hug me

“Don’t get hurt” Ton said also hugging me

“Call me a lot! I want post cards! And a souvenir from Ireland! I love you! Be safe, don’t get hurt or put up with any bull from anyone! I’m going to miss you so much!” Darcey said hugging me tightly with tears in her eyes.

I promised her I’d do everything she had said before turning to Curtis. He’d finally warmed up to Niall and had told him he was holding Niall responsible for me already.

I gave him a hug, before I turned to my friends and smiled. This was my real family; they were always there for me.

Just then, I was picked up and spun in a circle. When I was put down, I turned to see Louis bouncing up and down he was so excited.

“You ready to go? You ready to go?” He asked

I laughed telling him I’d be one second.

I turned back to my friends, giving each of them one last hug before calling goodbye to them all with promises to talk lots while I was away.

They all waved and called goodbyes to me as I ran to the bus all five guys were now leaning out of, watching me approach excitedly.

I hopped on the bus and took a look around for the first time.

The bus driver, Tony, was seated and ready to go, just past him was the ‘living area’ where a couch was against one wall and a TV. was against the other. There was a small kitchen with a fridge and stove, and just past that was the bathroom which was equip with a toilet, sink and shower; all mini. Lastly were the beds, of which there were six or three sets of bunk beds. One set was against the left wall, one against the right and one on the end wall of the bus.

Overall, it was a big bus but with the six of us, still managed to feel slightly cramped. I saw that the suitcase I’d designated as my ‘bus’ suitcase was on a bed, and each of the other beds also had one suitcase on it.