CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: I'D WAIT FOREVER

Spencer Willow

The next few days fly by until New Year's Eve. I haven't seen Zach since Christmas, since I've spent the last few days with my mum and Charlie. Now it's New Year's Eve, and I'm currently sat in my bedroom with Cheryl, and we're getting ready to go to Zach's house, where all of our friends are meeting to spend New Year's together.

It's strange how quickly Cheryl and I have become friends again. We seem to be getting on well, as if the last few years of us not being friends didn't happened. It's like being ten again, where we were practically inseparable.

"Are you nearly ready? It's only me, you, Emily, May, Lucy, Zach, Cole, Caleb, Alec and Nathan, no one worth impressing," I reply, and Cheryl laughs, rolling her eyes.

"Well I want to at least make it look like I've made an effort, not everyone is prepared to go around looking like a hobo all the time," Cheryl slurs in response, since we have had quite a bit to drink, although I had less, eyeing up my outfit. Okay, I'll admit that maybe her hobo comment isn't too far off the truth. I'm wearing a green khaki t-shirt which comes down to about mid-thigh and tight black ripped skinny jeans with some black plimsoles. It's comfortable, which is all I want in clothes.

"It's comfortable, your heels and tight dress don't exactly look like they are comfortable," I defend myself, and Cheryl laughs, as she finishes applying her black mascara.

"Sure, well I'm ready to go," Cheryl announces, and I cheer, celebrating that she is finally finished.

We leave my house and get into my car, where I drive to Zach's house. We're last there, as Cheryl took ages getting ready, so we're about an hour late. I walk up to the door with Cheryl and ring the doorbell, which Cole answers.

"Well, they say opposites attract..." Cole comments, comparing Cheryl to me.

"I know, Cheryl is so underdressed, she should at least try and make an effort," I joke, and Cheryl smiles, as we follow Cole inside.

"So you're taking fashionably late to a whole new level," Emily comments when we walk into the living room, where everyone else is sat.

"Well someone couldn't get ready in ten minutes and decided that drinking was more important," I respond, rolling my eyes.

"You started drinking before you even got here?" Alec asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Only a bit, I had one drink, she had about three," I reply, as Cheryl sits down next to Nathan. I'm about to go and sit with them but Zach stands up and grabs my wrist, dragging me over to his seat and making me squeeze onto the seat with him.

"I'm annoyed with both of you, by the way," Emily says, directing it at Zach and I. I raise an eyebrow, confused. "You never told us that you kissed, and then we find out in a newspaper, I think that you should be telling your friends before the newspaper, if you ask me."

"Sorry," I apologise, while Zach chuckles next to me, his shoulders shaking slightly. It's cute how when he laughs it's like his whole body is laughing with him, like it fills his whole body.

"You should be," Emily grins, before Caleb walks in holding some drinks. He hands everyone a drink, and I thank him when he hands me mine, although no one else seems to.