Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Who!" I say and he ignores me. We get out of first period and I am still bugging him about who he likes. He won't tell me!

"Brady just tell-." I hardly get to finish before he cuts me off.

"You." He says and I am absolutely shocked so I just stand there as he looks me in the eyes.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me?" He says. Woow.

"Umm... I have to g-go." I say and walk away from him. No. NO. This can not happen! I need Jai. I need him. I lean up against a wall and a tear rolls down my cheek. Not because of Brady but Jai. I miss him. I don't need this constant banter about him and I.

I heard he has a new girl friend. Her name is Beunka or something. I can't help but feel betrayed and jealous. Jealous because she will now be able to hug him, hear his heartbeat as her head lays on his chest but most of all, see him everyday and tell him... that she loves him. Hopefully as much as I did. I'll never see him again and even if I did, he wouldn't take me back. He has her now. All I want to say to her is

"Look after him Beunka. Make sure he is happy."

I want to scream to the world that I still love him. But I would be put in a mental health hospital because I tried drowning myself or jumping off a bridge.

I stopped crying when the bell went and heading straight for the office drying my eyes and trying to reduce the redness. I felt sick. I want to go home. Home to Campbeltown. Home to... Jai.

I remember now, I knew Beunka. She went to Campbeltown Performing Arts High school like me and Jai but I never took notice of her. She was one of the more popular girls, I was popular too but everyone loved Beunka. She was always really friendly and so nice to everyone. She was always smiling, beautiful and always had a crush on Jai. She's a lucky girl. But I heard some fans of Jai, not Waetforders, were giving her hate. I felt sorry for her, deeply sorry for her. Because I knew what it was like.

I walk to the student window and the lady opens it. She just looks up at me. She has intimidating very, very dark brown eyes and black hair.

"How can I help you?" She finally says.

"I feel really sick and I have a bad headache. Can I go home?" I say and she nods. I walk farther along the building to office door and walk through the big building to the sick room and lay down.

Doing nothing gives me a headache. I lied, I didn't have a headache but I wanted to go home. I wanted to contact Jai but he changed his number. Luckily he follows hardly any people on Twitter and he is following me.

I log into Twitter on my phone and search @JaiWaetford. It comes up with his profile and I click on it. I send him a message saying:

"Jai.

Things are horrible at the moment. I want to talk to you but you have changed your number. Can you please call or text me?"

I press send and wait, and wait until I get a notification that he has sent me a message. I go into direct messages and click on Jai.

"Celia.

What can I say? I'm sorry for everything that has happened. It's great to see we are finally talking again and by what you just said things should have been good a while ago. Like I don't know... Four weeks ago? It's been three months. I gotta say I miss you. Please just remember.... I will always love you. Things can't be like that between us anymore."

He says and several tears roll down my cheek.

"I love you too Jai." I type but don't send. I don't reply at all.

My mother finally comes and picks me up. I turned my phone off so he wouldn't be able to ring me. After that message I don't think I will be able to talk to him again without crying or something like that.

"So have you talked to Jai yet?" My mother asks on the way home in the car.

"I sent him a message on Twitter and he replied. I wish I never sent him a message!" I say.

"But Jai's cute. Talk to him. Go back to Australia. Date him then when you get older get married." She says and I frown.

"I swear say his name again and I'll personally throw a brick at your head." I hiss and she shuts up. Really, I don't want to talk about Jai. Especially the way she does. Especially what she just said!

"Uh, I give up! I am ringing him. This is driving me crazy." I say as we get out of the car and I run to my room. I turn my phone on and I have TWENTY missed calls and messages. My phone starts to ring and I am guessing it's Jai. I fumble for the button and answer it. I just stand there waiting for something to happen.

"Hello. Celia, are you there?" I hear Jai's voice on the other end of the phone. I swear his voice is magic or something.

"Celia? Are you there!" He says, sounding on the verge of annoyed.

"S-sorry. I'm here." I stutter and he sighs.

"Hi." He says and I smile. His voice is like a bird whistling on a spring morning.

"Who's Celia?" A young, sounding, girl says in the background. I presume to be Beunka.

"She's my.... friend." He says and I frown. He lied about me! H-he... lied.

"You're not going to tell her who I really am?" I say.

"No. It's just-hang on. Beunka, I'll be back." He says and I hear a door close. His door always squeaked exactly like the one in the background.

"Okay, I told Beunka that I had an ex girlfriend and she went all weird for a couple of minutes about it all and that's why I didn't tell her." He says.

"Okay. Well..." I say.

"I want to see you again." He says really quickly.

"Oh.. Well I have Skype still." I say.

"In person, I mean. I want to make things right again. Maybe even go back to the way everything was. Beunka is just a really good friend." He says. Good. They aren't dating.

"Well. Do you want to come here or me over there?" I say.

"I've never been to England before." He says and I can tell he is smiling.

"The X Factor is over now anyways." He says.

"Okay. When do you want to come?" I ask him.

"As soon as possible."

"Tomorrow?" I say.

"Sure." He says and we talk for a while before saying goodbye.

****

HELLO!

So did you all like this chapter? Please give feedback! Sorry that it's taking so long to update. I keep getting writers block! It's really annoying. Anyways I hope you liked it and I promise I will update soon!