Kai Parker - "I'm bullet-proof, but please don't shoot me."

Your chest was moving up and down way faster that you were used to. You had not really slept well ever since Kai had died, but right now? Right now you were thinking that you were slightly losing your mind. Maybe you had it coming. Maybe you even deserved it after dating a psychopath, after loving a psychopath.

"Hello?"

You took another deep breath and you could feel your heart beating in your throat. You quickly opened the safe next to your bed and with your eyes closed you loaded the gun that Kai had once put there to make sure that you would be safe, even if he wasn't there.

"Hello? Is anybody home?"

Your hands were trembling, but with both fingers on the trigger you pressed yourself with your back against the wall while you kept your eyes on the door of your bedroom. "Don't come any closer." Your voice was shaking, but you tried to steady your stance and squeezed your eyes when you heard footsteps coming closer and closer. "I have a gun and I will use it." You inhaled through your nose and let the air escape through your mouth again.

"I'm bullet-proof, but please don't shoot me." Kai had his hands next to his head when he walked into your room. He wore the same clothes he had worn the day he had died and he also smiled the grin you had once fallen in love with.

You let your eyes wander over his body and slowly you lowered the gun. Pearls of sweat covered your forehead and you didn't dare to move. "Kai?" You cocked your head a little and frowned your eyebrows. "Is that you?"

"The one and only. Did you miss me?" He walked closer towards you and you stared at the fingers of his hand curling around your wrist. "Please, tell me you missed me. I didn't go through all that trouble of becoming friends with Katherine Pierce so she would allow me to sneak through that barely open door that would finally let me out of hell only to find out that you didn't even miss me."

"Kai!" You dropped the gun on the floor and you let out a relieved sigh while you wrapped your arms around his neck. "I thought I'd only see you again when I would die." You felt the tears of happiness rolling down your cheeks.

"O? What's the matter, sweetie?" Kai tightened his grip around you and he lifted you up to twirl you around. "Why are you crying?" His hands rubbed your back and you curled your lips up into a smile while you leaned on the tips of your toes.

"I'm crying, because I'm so happy to see you and touch you and feel you." You stepped back and pressed the palms of your hands to his cheeks before you kissed his lips. "Are you here to stay? Do you have to go back to hell? Please, tell me you don't have to go back to hell."

"I can't make any promises, but I promise you that I'll do whatever I have to do to make sure I'll never have to go to that place ever again." He kissed you back. "Are you going to help me, no matter what?"

You nodded without even thinking about it. "Of course..." You pressed your body to his. "Why would you even doubt that?"