Kai Parker - "Taking you to that karaoke bar was a bad idea"

You sighed. You could barely keep your eyes open and your attempts to stop yourself from yawning were failing hopelessly by now. You had asked Kai at least ten times now when you were going home, but he kept on answering that he just had to sing one more song.

One more song had become two more songs. Two more songs had become three and eventually it had been impossible to keep counting.

The worst thing was that he was actually good at it. He had a pleasant voice to listen to. He hit all the tones. He even seemed to know all those lyrics. But right now it was six in the morning and it still seemed like he was not planning on going home any time soon.

You were secretly hoping they would close the bar. You were waiting for the owner to make one last round to tell that if anyone wanted or needed something they'd have to say so right now. But the owner was still standing behind the bar, his lips curled up into a smile, while you leaned back in the not so comfortable wooden chair.

"I have the best idea, ever. I'm serious." Kai jumped in front of you and little lights twinkled in his eyes. "Why don't you come up there with me so we can sing a duet?" He placed his hands on your shoulders and he grinned. "I'm sure the people are gonna love it and I already know what song we're gonna sing."

You shook your head and rolled your eyes. "Well, we're not gonna sing at all. We're gonna go home. I'm tired. I have to be at work in three hours from now and I've heard you sing enough songs to last a lifetime."

Kai cocked his head and then he pouted. "I read on the internet that if you sleep less than four hours it's better to not sleep at all. If you have to be at work in three hours, you should stay up." He shrugged his shoulders. "And since we'll have to pass the time then, I'd say we go on stage and sing that duet I want to sing."

You let out a deep sigh. "Are you gonna explain my boss why I look like some kind of zombie?" You didn't give him the chance to answer. "Taking you to that karaoke bar was a bad idea. A terribly bad idea."

"It was not. It was a perfect idea!" Kai raised his voice and he pressed a soft kiss on your forehead. "I haven't had this much fun since...well, since I've attempted to kill my own siblings!" He stepped back again. "But if you don't want to sing that duet with me, fine. I'll find another song to sing."

Before you could grab his arm he had already jumped on the stage again and slightly annoyed you stood up and walked towards the bar to order a double espresso and a few red bulls. You were gonna need a lot of caffeine to make it through the upcoming twelve hours.