Kai Parker - "I just want to...nevermind"

"What the hell are you doing?" You crossed your arms over your chest and hissed between your teeth. You had known that this meeting with your parents had not been a good idea, but after nine months of hiding your boyfriend for them you had run out of excuses.

"I was making conversation?" Kai raised his eyebrows. "You didn't tell me that the best ten ways to commit murder without being caught was a forbidden subject." He cocked his head and he locked his glance with yours. "Your father seemed to be interested."

You rolled your eyes and shook your head. "My father wasn't interested. He was worried and disturbed." You let out a deep sigh. "He's asking himself if you know all of this because you're planning on killing me."

"You?" Kai widened his eyes. "Why would I kill you?" He shrugged his shoulders. "And I can compel people. I don't need to hide bodies." He curled his lips up into a smile and you threw your head in your neck.

You loved him. You loved him more than you could put into words. You loved him more than you should. But there were moments, like this one, you wondered when your pink glasses would crack, when he would annoy you that much that even love couldn't make up for it anymore. "You're not making it better, Kai!"

"You have no idea how hard this is!" Kai raised his voice and you pressed your finger to your lips in an attempt to remind him that you parents were in the living room and that there was only a very thin wall between you. "You want me to be anything but myself!" He placed his hands on your shoulders and he tightened his grip. "I would almost think you're ashamed of me. I would almost think you don't love me as much as I love you."

"Kai..." You interrupted him and you felt your heart hammering in your chest. "I love you and you know that." You licked your lips and shifted your weight from one leg to the other. "I just want to..." You took a deep breath. "Nevermind." You looked over your shoulder.

"You just want to what?" Kai grabbed your hands and pulled you a little closer towards him. "I love you. If there is something you want or need and I can give it to you, I want to give it to you. A head on a silver platter? It's yours. The heart of your worst enemy? I'm already on my way to get it."

"I just want my parents to like you." You avoided his glance and stared at your feet, at the tapestry of your old room. "My friends already hate you and I can't have my parents hating you too." Your voice was barely a whisper and Kai wrapped his arms around you and pressed you to his chest.

"You want me to be prince charming? Boring? Perfect?" He kissed your forehead and you held your breath while his hands rubbed your back. "You want me to talk about politics and the weather and how cute the neighbor's dog is?"

You curled your lips up into a smile. "Our neighbors don't have a dog anymore."

"I know." Kai grinned and then he pressed a soft kiss on your lips. "I killed the dog."

You playfully and gently let the palm of your hand hit his cheek. "Kai Parker! That prince Charming idea? I like that. You can talk about dead dogs, blood and bodies in the car. But for now, be prince Charming."

"You'll get a prince Charming like you've never seen before."

You weren't sure if that comment was meant to worry you or to calm you down. You hoped the latter.