The End of the Beginning

WARNING - there is violence in this chapter

I ran as fast as I could not daring to look behind me because I knew he was there. I heard the sound of a bell and started to run even faster, I know I can't keep this up forever. I need to lose him, fast. I thought to myself while running past a working generator. I saw one of the wooden pallet up ahead, "This is my chance" I sprinted towards it while keeping a steady pace. I ran through and slammed the pallet down as hard as I could, I heard a grunt of pain signalling that I was successful and continued running. I made a sharp turn and hid behind a tree holding my breath in order to not give away my position. I heard footsteps coming my way and I pressed my back against the tree, clinging to it like my life depended on it because it does.

"Please don't check, Please don't check, Please don't check." I thought to myself shutting my eyes as tight as I could

I felt myself start to cry as I heard the bell and footsteps walking away, I made a sigh of relief once I knew I was safe. I sat there for a moment before getting up and walking away clutching my chest.

I wondered for a bit before I found a generator and started to work on it. I heard the sound of the church bell again but it was far away this time, but just to be safe I moved to the other side of the generator. I some how gained the knowledge to work with generators when I got here. When I  worked on one for the first time, it was like instance so I knew what I was doing. I was still really worried though because I don't work well under pressure.

I was almost done with the generator when I heard the heartbeat, I quickly moved and walked the opposite direction. Things were fine until I heard the bell go off right behind me, I started running towards the building or rather hanger in the center of the field. I was right at the entrance when he hit me, I fell the the ground in pain. I laid there on my stomach bleeding out on the ground until I was picked up and rolled on my side. I looked up and saw the sky, the stars were just blurs to me. It was like looking at a sea of white as they blurred together to for one white mass. I was then grabbed by the shirt and dragged to a hook. I screamed in pain as I was put on the hook, as I grasped the hook in my shoulder I looked up at my murderer. I stared into his red eyes that glared at me through his mask. I started to cry but I was smiling at him because it's not his fault it never was. I closed my eyes and released the hook so I was just hanging limp, "It's ok, I forgive you" I said in a quiet voice as I felt the spider-like arms impale me. Then everything was black.

3 Years later -

Ashlie's POV -

I floated through my area as usual, that was all that I have ever done anymore. Things were fun here at first but things just got gradually boring as time went on. Although I didn't have much fun running away from my friends when I was alive. I was the last one to die so I guess I get some credit for that and they also give me some congratulations when I bring it up. Tommy was the first to die, he was really nice and looked on the bright side of things when we were feeling down. I think he went a bit crazy in the time he was dead because he shouts random things most of the time but he is serious when he needs to be. It was hard to see him go on that meat hook but it was even harder to see him come back as the hillbilly I think it is called and kill Uni using those dreaded things as well. I didn't know why he did it at the time but I understood once I died. Anyway Uni came back as the trapper and killed my brother Nick (I have read a lot of fic's with Nick as Ashlie's brother so I thought I would give it a try). Nick didn't die on a meat hook like the rest of us, he always said that if he was going to he was going to die on his own terms and he did. He bled out on the ground but Uni didn't like that, I watched as Uni took Nick limp body and put it on a hook. His death was the worst one to see for me, we had been best friends since we were little. I remember crying for hours and having a splitting headache afterwards. It also didn't help that he was the one that killed me in the end, I couldn't blame him for killing me though. He was always strong but in the end you can't escape this place, it was when I died that I understood why they were killing. You have the urge to kill everyone you see, even if it is family. I continued to float nowhere in particular when I heard the sound of a bell followed by a scream. I looked at the wall that separated our sections, "Nick must be having fun." I always wondered what happened when there were two killers in a round but the gates prevent us from getting to curious. As I floated towards the walls I started to hear the sound of a chainsaw behind me, I turned around only to move out of the way of something charging at me with his chainsaw.