Decisions

It was cold.

So cold it was beginning to numb my fingertips.

I didn't feel physically cold though.

But my brain said I was cold.

Or is that the Entity talking.

It probably is.

I don't care anymore at this point.

Why would I?

My hands were already stained with the blood of other innocent lives. Why would I care if my own blood was in the mix?

My arm twitched with the urge to swing my weapon into anything I could see. I would hit a tree to try and suppress it.

But it was begging for me to hit something breathing.

Something with a proper heart-beat.

Something alive.

I can't let it get to me.

The voice was already starting the slow and painful process of insanity.

I can't let it take me again.

Never again!

Not, after all, I have been through.

I need to stay strong for them.

But I can't keep it up for long, it will eventually catch up to me and deliver the final killing blow.

I already felt the tears coming. The black, inky, tears that never seemed to stop even when I was happy. Happy about spilling blood on the ground. I would still smile and laugh.

I didn't want to laugh! I never wanted to laugh at their pain! It forced me to.

What did we ever do to them?

Why are we so different from everyone else?

Why are we freaks...

I don't understand.

I probably never will.

Cory...

Please help us...

Don't let us kill anyone else.

It would break us.

Please...

Save us...

Cory's POV -

Everything was moving in slow motion. All the sounds... Screaming, yelling, and laughing, were numbed to a quiet ring.

All I saw was the dark crimson red that colored my blood, splattered, all over the ground as if somebody dropped a red paint can and never bothered to clean up the mess. The contents of it spreading further and further from the original source, what a gory metaphor.

Jon was still on the hook. We had never managed to get him off. Tommy made sure of that...

Dawn was being cornered somewhere else in the room. I couldn't see him.

I was just laying her. Too weak to move. I had already been injured and the bandages still held the fresh blood that was still spilling out of the gash.

I tried to call out to Dawn, make sure he was ok, but all that came out was a raspy cough, blood followed. I looked up at Jon. His eyes were closed but I saw the rise and fall of his chest to signal that his heart was still beating.

I attempted to sit up, that didn't work out. An immense amount of pain shot up my back, not letting me move. I'm guessing a sound escaped my mouth because I heard the faint sound of my name being called, probably Dawn.