This trial is almost over... right

(I accidentally wrote this in third person... I was already basically done when I realized it and I don't want to keep you all waiting so I can just change perspective XD)

(I was going to post this tomorrow but a friend wanted to read it now so.... This is for her I guess :P)

Dawn stayed quiet, kneeling beside Cory, wrapping up his new wound in the old gauze from the previous med kit. He knew it wouldn't be enough but he didn't have a choice if he wanted Cory to survive. Cory has managed to gather quite the collection of scars; in less than a day at that! Has it even been a day? The sun doesn't rise in the 'world', how do you tell what time it is here? Everything is backward, upside down? Whatever you want to call it! It isn't right... Everything Cory has told him about this place is that it was a prison to them, they were people once. Ordinary, generic, people; who didn't deserve this.

A sense of dread started to crawl up Dawns spin.

Why was I so harsh to them?! They didn't do anything wrong on purpose. Did they? He barely even knew them. Who was He to judge them by there 'problems.'

He wished Jon was here...

He always made things seem happy and cheerful in dark times. Dawn wished he saved him, but Cory was going to die! Now Jon is going to die... Will he become a killer like Tommy? Will he be mad!

Dark thoughts swam in Dawn's head. Screaming at him. Blaming him.

He looked down at Cory with watery eyes. He had to save Cory, he still needs to save Cory, he didn't want to have two deaths on his hands. Dawn pulled Cory's limp body to his chest; giving him a hug.

"I'll keep you safe. I promise." Dawn whispered

He could still feel the warmth of a living person, Cory wasn't dead. Dawn reached under Cory's legs and held him like a bride. If they had the time he would have found a better way to hold him but his mind was too foggy to process anything properly. Dawn didn't hear the heartbeat, it was quiet, too quiet.

He began to make a mental list of what needed to be done.

Find a chest and hope there is another med kit in it. The one he has won't be enough.

Heal Cory to where he wakes up or will at least still be breathing.

Finish the generators. How many were there left? One or two. He'll find out later.

Open the gate and get as far away from Tommy as possible and never look back.

In the process maybe find out where Tommy is? Or he could just hope he never sees Tommy again. That wouldn't be so bad.

Not bad at all...

----

A harsh and loud cough rung in the air.

Cory sat up, ignoring the pain in his back, continuing to cough dryly into his hands. Dawn jumped and looked away from his work to his injured friend.

"Oh thank god." Dawn placed a hand on his chest, "I thought you were going into a coma or something."

Cory, still coughing, looked up at his friend. Dawn crawled to him; not daring to stand, "What happened?" Cory asked keeping his hand over his mouth. Not wanting to cough on his friend.

Dawn looked down, "Here." Dawn handed Cory his hoodie. He didn't even notice it wasn't on his person.

Rip off the bandage

Just rip it off

"...Jon's dead..."

Cory's eye widened and Dawn looked down in shame.