5; Take What I Can Get

Another famous car ride with Micah is priceless. He lights the whole car with his laugh and brins a warming sensation over me. It makes me wanna fall right into him and never let go. I have already fallen, I am just waiting for him to catch me. 

"So, I will pick you up at seven in the morning tomorrow, right?"

He pulled into my driveway and looked me in the eyes. His smile never dying down.  He wagged his eyebrows and made me laugh.

"Yeah, but you still haven't told me what we are doing."

"Don't worry about it. I made sure that it is okay with your dad. He will have everything ready."

I groaned with a smile. He chuckled and kissed me. I kissed back and pulled away.

"Bye, Shorty."

"Bye, Micah." I giggled out.

Micah didn't pull out of the driveway until I was in the house. I waved as he drove away. It was around dinner time and my dad wasn't home yet. I decided to make dinner and bring up the topic of where Micah would be taking me.

I made my dad's favorite, spaghetti. It didn't take long to have it on the table and everything else together and presentable.

"What do you want?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Oh, nothing..." I tried to say nonchalantly. He caught on,

"You wanna know where your going tomorrow, don't 'cha?"

"Maybe..." I tried to say mysteriously.

He laughed. "I was given strict orders to not tell you. Not matter what."

I groaned and sat down. I grabbed a plate and didn't wait knowing I wasn't getting anything out of him.

"So, how was your day?"

We made small talk and ate. We shared a few laughs. Life was all good.

I turned off the lights and made myself fall asleep knowing it would go faster that way.

"Serenity! Get up! Your boyfriend has been here for an hour already!"

That made me hop up and run down the stairs.

Micah was sitting on the couch with Goddard staring at him. As soon as Goddard heard me hop down the stairs, he was at my side. This made Micah turn and look.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty. Thank God you came down. Your dog gave me death glares."

I giggled and scratched Goddard's head while walking over to Micah.

I kissed him quickly before my dad came in the room.

"So, you gonna tell me where we are going?"

He chuckled and nodded.  "Well, your dad said your favorite thing to do when you were younger was going to the beach. He also said that you haven't done  that in a while. So I took the liberty to. We should be back by tonight."

"Are you serious?!" I was bouncing up and down with excitement already. He laughed and nodded.

I jumped into his arms and Goddard paced around us. Micah held me to his chest.

"And you got my dad to let me skip?"

He set me on the ground and looked me in the eyes. "It wasn't that hard. He said you only skipped when you had something for your family and when you are sick. He said you never really skipped."

I chuckled and blushed.

"Your dad packed everything so all you have to do is change and put a swim suit under."