10; First Love

"Micah, where are you going?"

Micah was standing in the doorway from my room. The only light was from the open window. I heard Goddard shake his head and I sat up. Micah tensed and didn't move.

"I gotta go somewhere."

"Where?"

"Don't worry about it."

I immediately did. What was going on? 

"Micah, please. I am worried."

"Don't be." he growled out and slipped on his shoe. I stood up and walked over to him. 

"Micah, please don't go. What's going on?"

"None of your damn business!"

He snapped. He never snapped at me. I pulled away and he looked at me. he held the weird look in his eye and I knew hurt and fear was clear on my face. He obviously didn't care. 

This wasn't Micah. He would never do this. He was always caring and would never even raise his voice at me. He would never snap. He always welcomed me wherever he went. He always told me where he went. He would never leave me in the dark, alone and scared.

I called Sky and Faith. They answered considering it was our girl code.

"Guys, I need help."

I explained everything and changed. Micah left and started walking down the street. We were all going to kinda stalk him or what not. I had to know what was wrong with him. Why was he like this?

The girls brought Caleb and Forest and I didn't care. I would have if I wasn't so worried about Micah. We were dressed in our sweatpants that came up to our knees and out hoodies. I had on the one Micah gave me, hoping he would snap out of whatever he is in. 

We walked and followed Micah. We were in the shadows and he was walking with his hands in his pockets.

Then I saw something I have never seen him do before. He pulled something from his pocket and swallowed whatever it was. I knew it was some sort of drug considering he never took any pills and he took a few. He then pulled out a stick and lit it on fire. He took a drag and I watched the smoke fly into the air. 

Micah was on drugs. Micah was going to kill himself. 

"Caleb, just please take him home."

I whispered and turned around. They followed me and when they got back, Forest and Caleb took Micah's Jeep to him. they were going to take him home. I made sure everything Micah had given me was in the back. I put all the clothes, bears, and hopefully memories in the back of his car. I knew it would be driving away and I hoped it never came back. I didn't want anything to do with a druggie, let alone date one.

Sky and Faith went home and it was only me and Goddard. I pulled his close and cried into his fur. I put my hand around the small heart that was the only thing I kept. 

I fell asleep to my silent tears and the comfort of my dog, not looking forward to tomorrow.

I had school. My dad wasn't home and I worried he wouldn't. I had only Goddard and I swear I will be fine. I just need my time. Micah was the only one I have ever loved and people get over first love, right?

Waking up I knew the answer to the last questions I asked light night. No. No, you will never get over your first love.

The girls were upset too. Not because of Micah but because of their boyfriends. I guess they had gotten in fights about something. I knew exactly what we would all be wearing today.

I put on my blue Pink sweatpants and a taight tank-top. I put ong a zip up hoodie over it and my Converse. I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room. I saw my father passed out on the couch. He didn't look as bad as I expected. He had shaved and showered and looked beat dead. I kissed him forehead and went outside to see two cars. One belonging to Faith and the other, Micah. 

I heard the yell nonsense and Caleb and Forest joined. I rolled my eyes and hid my necklace now. I put my hood over my face and just hopped in the car. I stole a look at Micah. He looked surprised and mad. I think I saw some shock and hurt but he drove to fast for me to see.

After my morning periods of uneventful boredom, we sat in the cafeteria. I had a massive head ache and I was tired. I drank some water and laid my head down on my arms. Faith and Sky were doing something similar. We didn't know where the boys were and I am not sure if we cared. Last time I found out where Micah was, I didn't like the answer.

"I am just gonna go get ready for my next class." I muttered and left.

I walked through the halls. Not many people were in here and I couldn't blame them. Not after what I just caught sight of.

Micah. And some other girl. Micah had her pushed up against a locker and was locking lips with her. I didn't know what to do. I stood there speechless and hurt.

He noticed my presence. I couldn't tell what his face showed considering I couldn't even see from the tears. I had just turned and walked away.

"Serenity!"

I heard him yelling at me. I wouldn't turn back but I didn't need to. I felt his arms turning me back.

I wouldn't meet his eyes. I didn't want to. I was hurt. I just wanted to curl in a ball and forget all about this. I didn't want to have to know about Micah and his problems.

"Please, just let me go."

Micah's grip tightened. I couldn't even wipe the tears from my face. 

"Chance, leave me alone."

I knew that was a low blow but anything to get away from him now. He let me go and I just turned and walked out of the building. I was skipping. This is the first time but I didn't care. 

I walked all the way home and just sank to the floor. I pulled Goddard to me and I just let out sobs. I couldn't take the fact that Micah would kiss someone else. Why? Why did I deserve this? What did I do?

First love is great. First heartbreak sucks.