16; You Passed.

"You may go in now, ma'am."

The nurse said with a smile. She knew how upset I was and I tried my best to cooperate. I have already called my dad and told him not to come. Caleb and Forest left with Faith and Sky due to the time of night it was. 

I walked in his room. He was awake and made me gasp. I covered my mouth and felt the tears. 

"Shorty..." 

His cuts were bad and now he had a broken leg. He had a sad and guilty look on his face.

"Please, come here."

I did and cried. He held me to his chest. I put a leg onto of his good one. I cried as he rubbed circles on my back. 

"Micah, why did you let this happen." It was more of a statement then a question.

He just kissed my head and held me. We stayed like this for a while. I calmed down and he rubbed my arm, soothing me. 

"I'm sorry but visiting hours are over."

I sighed as she walked out. I pulled up and instantly missed the warmth. Micah still had a hand on me. I wiped my eyes and stood up. I will not cry again.

"Shorty, will you come back tomorrow?"

I looked at him to see them same look he has had for a while. I nodded and looked down. He squeezed my hand and tugged me towards him. I smiled and bent down to kiss his lips. It was a long and passionate one and I pulled away. I planted one on his forehead and left the room.

I woke up really early. Like five o'clock early. I showered and left a note for my dad telling him I was going to the hospital. I threw on some dark jeans and a tank-top. I put on a zip-up hoodie and ran out to the bus stop. 

I sat on the bus and thought. if Micah would've never made that bet, we would never be here. But, he is okay and that's all that matters.

I jumped off the bus and walked into the hospital. It was about seven and I was allowed to visit now. 

I walked in his room and the nurse was in there. She smiled at me and patted my back as she walked back into the hallway. Micah looked kinda depressed but put on a smile. 

"I can go home later today..."

"That's good."

I walked over to his bed and kissed him. 

We turned on the TV and we watched cartoons. A few times I went down to the food court or out to get Micah food. He eats like there is no tomorrow but I did whatever he asked. I would always suggest something first because he would never tell me directly what he wanted. He was a giver not a taker.

It was now ten at night and they doctor said he could go home now. I was really happy and his mom was here to help. 

"Serenity, don't you like driving?" Micah's mom asked me.

"Well, I have never really learned..."

"What?" Micah said this time with his crutches. I was at his left side while his mom on his right. He wouldn't wear the hospital clothes so he was wearing some shorts and a hoodie. 

I sighed. " I never even had a car to practice. I thought it was useless and it still is for me."

"Well, I am going to teach you."

I laughed. "Yeah, babe, I can't even drive in a video-game let alone a real car."

"I am an amazing teacher." I turned to see him looking at me. I blushed and looked straight again. 

I helped him into his car and I took a seat next to him in the back. I laid down with his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair. He smiled and looked truly happy. The car ride was silent but happy. he was coming home and we were all really happy as him. 

I helped into the house and when he was in his room, I helped him lay down. 

"Micah, you really need to keep this place clean."

"Shorty, I know what your thinking and don't do it."

He did know and I started to pick up his clothes and fold them. He sighed and reached over for me. 

"Micah, I am helping you. Now, please let me do this."

"On one condition. You let me teach you how to drive and when you get you license thank me."

I sighed. "Fine."

I finished cleaning and he fell asleep watching TV and me. I kissed his head and walked into the living-room with his sleeping grandmother and cleaning mother.

"Oh, Serenity, I thought you left."

"Nope... Do you need any help?"

"No, I am gonna take a break."

She sat down and sighed. Everyone in the house was quiet and sleeping. I just sat down and had my mind blank.

"Did he ever tell you why he started to fight?"

I looked up to his mother and she looked deep in thought.

"He said he liked the way it made him feel..."

She kinda smiled. "He does but that's not why he started. He wanted his dad to come back. When he was only five that's when he started. He had this plan on how he was gonna be big and dad was gonna come back."

I imagined a tiny version of Micah coming up with this plan. The thought breaks my heart.

"His dad didn't come back but keeps sending him letters. He doesn't know but I have them all saved. I will give them to him when it's right."

I looked up to her. "You shouldn't do that. Micah doesn't deserve that."

"Your not his mother you don't get to decide."

I stood up shocked. "Are you serious? You would hide something that big from your son?!" I whispered yelled trying not to wake anyone up. That's when she smiled and stood up. She gave me a hug and I just stood there not knowing what to do.

"You passed."

She challenged me. I smiled and gave her a hug. I smiled.

"Shit."

I heard when something pounded on the wall. I let go of his mother to see Micah standing and livid with himself.  I gave him a weird look that asked him what he was doing.

"I fit my foot on the wall."

I giggled and walked over to him. I giggled and kissed his cheek. I helped him get over to the couch where we turned on the TV and watched some reality TV shows. 

Now that his mom fully accepted me, I felt at home here. I felt like I could live here. It was my second home. His weird and sometimes perverted grandmother made me smile and she would embarrass Micah like it was her chore that she loved.

I loved this family.