14; Anything

I woke up to hear deep sobs. They sounded as if they were coming from a couple different people. I heard a faint beeping noise and it was steady.

Where was I now?

The darkness took over once again leaving me baffled.

Waking up for a second time was different. I was waking up and could feel what was going on. I heard a deep voice talking to someone. I could feel something holding on to my hand. I gave it a squeeze or at least I tried. In a moments time, I felt my arm being held up and the room exploaded with voices. 

"Shut up! Serenity, Honey, can you hear me?"

I squeezed again. I couldn't speak or see. I heard the room again speaking to me. 

I fell into the darkness again and I hope for the last time.

A third time's a charm, right?

I opened my eyes to a darker room. I still had something clinging to my hand. I turned my head to see Micah there. I smiled at his sleeping figure. I looked around the room. It was a green color that was undescribable. I looked down at myself. 

I was in a hospital robe. I had wires sticking in me. I heard the faint noise and saw life support. I felt tears form. Why was I here? 

"Micah!"

I slightly yelled. Micah was up in an instant.

"Oh, Serenity!"

He wrapped his arms around me. He held me so tight. I felt tears come out.

"Micah, what happened to me?"

He pulled back with sad eyes.

"I failed Serenity. That is what happened. Gary shot you three times and went after you with a bat. You've been out for five weeks. Everyone has missed you so much. Goddard came to see you too. I have pictures too. It was really cute. Your dad... We will talk about that later. Gary is in jail and your mom is not good. My mom and grandma came to see you too. Even Paul came. Sky and Faith and Caleb and Forest. Everyone. I hope I can take you home soon."

"Micah, just do two things for me?"

"Anything."

"Get these stupid wires off of me and I want a slushie."

He laughed and nodded. I was never demanding about anything but food. And when I am in the fricken hospital, I better get all the food I want.

He kissed me and left the room. A doctor came in and took the stuff off me and asked how I was. He told me I was able to go home soon. Micah came in with a blue slushie.

"Well, Miss Brooks, you have a wonderful boyfriend here. If it weren't for him, you wouldn't be here right now. I am going to let him sign you out. If you have any concerns or questions just call me. Your going to have to take some pills every couple hours for a while. You..."

I zoned him out and just stared at Micah. He was staring at the doctoer concentrating on every word he was saying. I knew he was going to take this to extremes. I think he blames himself for everything that has happened to me. He is actually the one who saved me. I loved him so much.

"Okay. Your all set. I hope you recover soon, Miss Brooks."

"Thanks."

I tried sitting up but before I even moved Micah was already there. He picked me up and set me on a wheelchair. I groaned.

"Micah, I can most likely walk."

He didn't answer but kissed my nack. He started to walk me to the parkinglot where he picked me up and set me down in his Jeep. He strapped me in and started to drive home.

----

Weeks later, I was fine. I could walk and do everything I used to. Micah was around all the time and closer with my father. My father was starting to go on business trips and I wouldn't see him too much anymore. We still had the same relationship though. Best friends.

Micah started going to the gym a lot too. He worked harder and harder. He was turning into a machine. He was at the gym right now to be honest. I was playing in the front yard with Goddard and a hose. It always got hot in the afternoon and cold in the darker hours. But now was the perfect weather for this. Until my phone started going off. i walked to the porch, drenched.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe. I can't come over." He sounded funny.

"Okay, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, but I kinda need to double all of my practice times."

"Oh, alright. I love you and try to come over later?"

"I'll try, babe. Love you too."

We hung up and I didn't put much thought into it. He had a fight soon and the guy was really good. Him and Micah were always in a good fight. The guy was an arrogant jerk though. 

I took a nap and didn't wake up until I was being carried.

"Shh...  Go back to sleep. We have to be at my fight in a few hours."

I smiled and snuggled back into Micah's sweet embrace.