12; Congeneial

I just sat in my room with the lights out. My dad said he was going to get a drink and wouldn't be back. I didn't worry because he told me this time. Now it was just me and Goddard. i haven't told my dad about Micah basically because we haven't actually talked in a while. Faith wouldn't stop crying. Her mom worried everyday. Sky just tried to brush it off and go out with as many guys as possible but when she came over, bawled her eyes out. She tried to play it off but failed. Me, I just tried to get through a hour without thinking about him. How am I doing so far? Not well at all.

"Serenity?"

Goddard started barking at the new voice in my house. I jumped and grabbed my dad's baseball bat and walked down the stairs. If Micah was here, he would be all over the intruder and would beat him to a pulp. But, I am here alone with my dog who might do some damage.

Goddard got shushed down and I heard thunder crack. Great weather to commit a murder. 

"Serenity?"

I heard the voice from somewhere. I knew it. It was home and all too familiar.

I turned the corner to see a tall muscular man. He turned to reveal his face that I knew before he even turned around. I dropped the baseball bat and just stood there. I didn't know what to do. I just stared at him and he did back. He took a step and stopped with his palms facing up. 

"Serenity, please listen to me. I am so sorry. I don't know what was said or done in that period of my stupidity but I wish I could take it all back. All I knew was I woke up and my heart was aching. You weren't with me. I need you. I only did it because I everyone else was. Please. My mom wants to spend time with you. My grandma asks about you everyday. Caleb and Forest want to see Sky and Faith but are scared to. My dog missed all the attention he got from you. I miss seeing you everyday. I need you like no other. And if you won't take me back, please just let me back into your life. I don't know how long I can go."

My heart ached. I knew it was too dark to see the tears in my eyes. I didn't want to speak afraid my voice would crack.

"Serenity, please say something."

I couldn't. I wouldn't. I don't know what I'd do.

Micah's shoulder sank. "I'll just go home. I am so sorry Shorty. "

He left. He just shut the door. He couldn't. I missed him too much for this to be my fault now.

I ran. No, I sprinted. I ran and flew the door open. Micah was still walking to his door. His head and shoulders down, hands in pocket. He looked so sad and depressed. I was too and I don't want to anymore.

"Micah!"

Thunder cracked and I jumped into the storm. Micah was soaked and no doubt I would be too in a minute. I ran to a Micah who had turned around. His head and shoulders now stood strong. His face still looked so sad but now held a hint of hopefulness. I smiled and ran to him.

I jumped and he caught me. In a moment, our lips were locked and it got heated which was good since the cold water was beating down on me. I was now soaked with Micah stuck on me. Like glue that I hoped was super glue so we would stay like this forever. 

He still held me and never dropped me or moved. He just stood there with me connected with his mouth and body. He may have a huge flaw but so many great qualities that I love about him. I wouldn't change one thing about him. He was great and I loved him no doubt. 

I pulled back and leaned my forehead on his. You could see our breath and it was warm. It came out in pants. That kiss was very well needed.

"I love you, Micah."

"Serenity, you don't know how much I love you."

He carried me into the dark house and somehow shut the door behind him with me stilll in his hands. He carried me up to my room and stripped me of my clothes and found some other clothes for me. It was thoughtful but I was in the nude and I knew he tried not to look as much as he did. I didn't mind too much after since he almost did the same thing. He was now in boxers. He led me to the bed and held me there. This time, I curled into his chest and held him closer as if he was going to disappear. He wouldn't let me go and watched me.

"Micah, promise me you'll never do that again."

"I promise."

I kissed him and he contributed back. I played with his long hair. He probably hated it. I would do his hair tomorrow if he wanted but I am not sure. I think him mom likes it better this way.

I fell asleep with Micah in my arms and I in his. Goddard stretched across our feet and love in the air again. It replaced the pessimistic thoughts for optimistic ones. People would think it is Miss Conegeality's room. Thanks to Micah.