chapter (1) *first day*

It was a sad yet also exciting day for me, I was entering the 7th grade. I was happy That I would now know what high school felt like. But also sad because I was transfered to a school where very little of my 6th grade class was attending . It didn't help that those few familiar faces were in separated classes from me.

Upon entering my new class, I shyly smiled at the class and made my way to sit at the back trying not to draw any attention to myself. Sadly the universe planned otherwise because there weren't any empty desks left but one at the front. I groaned and slowly made my way to the front and sat awkwardly.

"Hey there that's my desk!" A boy exclaimed at me.

I turned wide eye to the source of the voice.
"Are you deaf !?" He asked "mooooove!"

I gaped at him like a dying fish and tried to hurriedly get up while the classroom erupt in a fit of laugher. I was so embarrassed that i didn't notice the laughter died down to complete silence. When realization struck me, i notice that everyone was in their seats even the guy who embarrassed me.

I looked at the empty chair, at the front with a frown while my eyes sought the person whom it supposedly belonged to. Only to find him sitting in the seat next to it with a mischievous grin. I blinked back the tears that were forming at my eyes and tried to make a run for it only to collide into a tall, dark complexioned man with hard features. I stumbled backwards almost falling when the man spoke in a deep scary voice lined with authority.

" And just where do you think your going young lady?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I ....I....I was ...I was going to ...to the bathroom" I stuttered barely making eye contact.

"Did you ask permission to leave the class?" He asked .

"N-no sir" I said a bit over a whisper.

"Ahh I see, have a seat young lady. You're not fooling anyone.

I nodded and made my way to the same seat next to the boy and reluctantly sat. With my head held down and staring at my hands, the man walked away while the class emerged into hush tones talking about what had just transpired. 'I can't believe what just happened' I thought to myself.

While I was deep in thought, a hand touched my shoulders and I turn to see a light skin girl with big brown eyes, looking at me with a sympathetic look on her face and a smile . I replied to that gesture with a small smile and nod.

A few minutes later a woman entered the classed room with a wide smile. She was about 5'2 with long curly hair. She had soft delicate features and a warm smile. " I hope she's as nice as she looks" the boy beside me mumbled while i held back a scowl at the sight of him.

"Good morning class my name is Mrs. Cole, I will be your science and social studies teacher for the rest of this school year." Students began to yawn as Mrs. Cole continued. " will everyone please stand one after the other and introduce yourself to the class". She said.

The girl who had touched my shoulder earlier rose with confidence and said
"My name is Susan Sims, I love one direction and I'd like to become a pediatrician some day." After Susan the kids in the seats behind her gave their introduction until there was silence. It didn't take me long after to realize it was my turn. Oh god no as if my day couldn't get any worse. I have to speak in front of the same people who laughed at me.