chapter(12) *the cafeteria incident*

Just before I turned completely. My eyes locked with Asher's own eyes. Then later drift to Alex's and then fell on the scowling face of susan as she glares at Asher. Its obvious that she probably hates me. Then I thought about and realized who wouldn't. I blinked back the few tears that dared to fall. But it was working. My heart ached at the fact that I'm alone. The fact that kids at school hates me and they treat me differently just because I have an eye disorder. I looked up at the ceiling, hoping that maybe when my head is tilted backwards, the tears would run back and disappeared. But I didn't have such luck. Instead they built more.

"Hey Kim. Come over here" I recognized Asher's voice.

"Why are you staring at the ceiling " susan giggled. I froze, realizing what I must look like now. A fool maybe.

"I hope your not planning on ditching us. We're your FRIENDS" Alex said.

I paused once he stressed the word friend. It must be code word for enemy. Because I know for a fact it must be the opposite. F.r.I.e.n.d. frieeeeeeeend. The word appeared foreign to me. Something I've never heard or had someone used in a sentence when referring to me. But I can't think big of it. Then they would have me trapped and their master plan to catch me off guard by gaining my trust would work and they'll destroy me. I needed to leave. To put as much between me and them as possible.

"Why are they talking to her"

"Do you think she paid them"

"Maybe she used her alien powers to brainwash them"

"That sounds just about right. Brainwash them to think she's not a monster"

"Maybe threatened to eat their brains if they don't be friends with her"

"Who knows. Maybe she already ate their brains and that's why their talking to her because they're brainless !" Everyone yelled yes in agreement to the last comment.

They weren't even whispers. They just spoke about me as loudly as they could so all the cafeteria could hear. As for me being as stupid as ever. Chose that moment to look straight ahead. The sudden movement caused the already built up tears in my eyes to fall to the side of my cheeks. I couldn't stop them. They kept flowing as I stood glued to the stop. Listening to the harsh remarks of every and believing it.

"I don't know man. Even brainless people wouldn't want to be friends with her"

"True. They will come to their senses soon and probably burn her alive"

"Maybe their only friends with her so she can do their homework. I hear she's either pretty smart or freakishly good at cheating"

"Haha look!"
"Diarrhea girl is crying"

And just like that. Like a bomb of nitrous oxide explosion. The cafeteria erupt with brawling laughter. I was beyond embarrassed and crushed. Covering my face, I tried to run away but instead collided with hard chest. Which didn't last long because the guy who I'm assuming was a eleven grader, aggressively pushed me off him and I fell to the floor. And did I mention that I wear a uniform to school. Let's just say it's a good thing I wear shorts. Because after I fell, my pleated tunic flew over my head. I hurried pulled my tunic down and covered myself then met with.

Lights.

Flashes.

Guffaws.