chapter(18) *it has gone cyber*

The poor startled nurse led us further inside the office. Embarrassed and a bit shaken up I followed behind her and my mother. She pressed a button on a large white door and it beep open. Inside sat a middle-aged man writing something down on a few papers. The nurse left mom and I standing in front of the man's desk. We stood there five minute and counting and he still didn't acknowledge us. By the looks of it, mom was growing impatient as we waited.

"Earth to baldie! Don't you see us standing here! Are you blind or something!" Mom erupt furious. The doctor jumped up shocked mirror my own expression.

"Umm hello ma'am what...." She tried but mom cut him off.

"Don't start with your stupid greeting after you surely saw us standing here for six minutes now!" Mom threw her hands in the air.

"Mom I apologize, I was busy with some papers. I didn't see you" he tried to explain.

"Too busy to say 'give me a few minutes'!" She point out "And you are not fit to hold a needle if your so blind that you didn't see us. By the way aren't blind people suppose to sense when someone is around them" she all but flip a table.

The doctor then turned to me "Surely your in the wrong office"

"What do you mean" I asked softly.

"This is not a psychiatric office. You may need to bring your grandmother somewhere else. " she said sounding  sympathetic.

When we didn't answer he looked taken aback. He cleared his throat then added.

"Isn't she your grandmother that you've taken in for senile treatment" he asked wide eyed.

At that moment, to laugh was the last thing to come to me. I felt sorry for the doctor who my mother was getting ready to attack.  While her blood boiled with anger, I considered how I would bail mom out of jail after she kills him.

I'm too young to bail her.

All our money is back home.

How would I get home, I couldn't drive yet.  

I was pulled out of my chain of thoughts when I heard mom screamed in anger. Not wanting to be an eye witness, just as mom made an advance towards the doctor I closed my eyes.

Slap!

Slap!

Slap!

Another two slapping sounds burst through the air. I opened my eyes to see both mom and the doctor disoriented. His face red and frozen in place. He sat there not moving nor blinking in utter shock. 

Mom laughed hysterically climbing off his decks and came towards me. She held onto my wrist and pulled me with her to the exit.

By the time we got back to the car mom had calmed down. I explained to her all that happened today. After I got through with my Explanation she looked down embarrassed. I almost said 'serves you right' but I decided against it. She then gave me a hug a few tears and apologies after.

When we pulled apart, mom held two pages in her hands. She scanned the pages then looked up at me with utter discomfort. He hand then to me and I read the words from the aloud.