Chapter 5 - Fun Day Out

By the time we had left my house it was almost ten. We had decided that we would go to the mall for about three or four hours, then we would come back to town for laser tag.

The whole ride to the mall was Jay telling me embarassing things about Nathan. Nathan also told me how he resembled Sid The Sloth from the Ice Age movies. They had me laughing the whole way there.

When we got to the mall the first place Jay wanted to go was to the food court. Jay ended up getting a vegatarian platter from a vegatarian resturant. Me and Nathan got chicken sandwiches from Chick fil a, although I felt weird eating meat in front of Jay, but he told me it didn't bother him.

"So where do you guys want to go now?" I asked as we were thrrowing away our trash.

"Wherever you wanna go." Nathan said smiling.

"Well, we can to Hot Topic and look around, since it's just right there." I said pointing to the shop closest to us.

"Okay." they both said.

When we walked in, lets just say the girls working to a liking to both Jay and Nathan. And to be honest they looked like they were enjoying the attention. So why the boys were getting loved on, I walked beck out to see if they would notice. Which they didn't so and it kind of upset me, that they would just forget about me just because some girl flirted with them.

I'll admit, I was a little jealous.

I ended up going to the pet store that was two shops down. I've always been a big animal person, even though my parents only ever let me have a fish. And worst of all, it was always a carnival fish that ended up dieing two weeks after i won it.

It was about ten minutes later when I heard Nathan and Jay talking, so I went and hid behind some tanks with snakes in them and tried not to laugh when i saw them looking around. I heard them walk in.

"Um , excuse me, have you seen a girl, she has brown hair, brown eyes, medium skin tone." I heard Jay ask I was trying my best not to laugh.

"Was she wearing a LP Underground shirt?" the guy behind the counter asked.

"Yes." Nathan answered quickly.

"Yeah, she's by the snakes." when I heard him give away my location I turned around and acted like I was looking at the snakes.

"Where did you go?" Nathan asked when they found me.

"Here." I said looking at him.

"Yeah, I see that, but why?" hae said back.

"Well, you guys seemed a little busy with those girls. I didn't want to interupt." I smiled at them.

"Is someone jealous?" Jay said smirking at me.

"Jealous, No! Annoyed, Yes!" i said back to him causing his smile to fade.

"Why are you annoyed?" Nathan asked confused.

"Because we're supposed to be hanging out, us three. Instead you were to busy flirting, so I left." I saw Nathan's cheeks turn a light pink shade.

"Well, if we promise not to flirt anymore, will you come back and shop with us." Nathan smiled.

"Well, I won't be buying much, considering I'm broke."

"Well, since we've already made your trip bad, I'll pay for whatever you want." Nathan said.

"No, I can't let you do that. That's your money, I don't want to waste it."

"Trust me, I've got plenty, it's not a problem." he said smiling. I think he's figured out that I can't say no when he smiles.