Chapter 7 - The Number Game

It's been a week since Jay and Nathan broke my rib. And even now they keep telling me how sorry they are.

All the boys have stayed over every night since I got hurt. They barely let me do anything by myself. Max cooked almost every night and when he didn't we ordered out. They didn't make it easy on me though, they are very funny boys.

"So when are you guys going home?" I asked after we were done with dinner, which tonight was pizza.

"Never." Jay said and they all laughed.

"Don't make me laugh. How many times do I have to say it, before you understand?" I said looking at Jay.

"How many times have you told us so far?" he said back and I just stared at him.

"Well, we're not leaving you here alone." Nathan said.

"Yeah, we're not leaving you home alone." Tom said after Nathan.

"Well, you guys have to go home sometime." I said looking at all of them.

"Already trying to get rid of us?" Siva asked.

"Yes!" I said smiling "How about this, since it's monday, how about one of you stay over here tonight, you guys can take turns during the week and on the weekends you all can stay over. Sound good?"

"Yeah, but who goes first?" Max asked.

"How about we use the number game and whoever gets it right first stays tonight and so on."

"Okay." they all said.

"Okay, 1-10 Go!" I said.

"4." Max said.

"1." Tom said.

"7." Siva said.

"Siva you stole mine. 9." Nathan said.

"You should have said it first." Siva said back.

"5." Jay said.

"Siva won, my number was seven." I said smiling.

"Yeah, I won. " he said doing a little dance.

"Now for tomorrow, Go!"

"4."

"1."

"9."

"5."

"You guys kept your numbers from the last round, anyway Tom got it right." I said

"Oh yeah, in your face." Tom said jumping up.

"Wednesday!"

"4."

"9."

"5."

"You have got to be kidding me, Max you got it."

"Whoo." I smiled at his reaction.

"I swear if you two say 9 and 5 again, I'm going to kill you, and you'll get it wrong." I said looking at them.

"Fine." Jay said.

"Okay, Go!"

"8."

"2."

"Jay got it, Nathan that means you get Friday and Jay gets Thursday."

"Okay, well I guess we can go and leave Kenzie and Siva. He did win." they all got up and hugged me on their way out.

When they all left I asked Siva what he wanted to do.

"Let's make some brownies."

"Brownies?" I said back.