Chapter 17 - Laser Tag!

OMG! Its been so long and I won't give you any excuses, because I don't really have a good reason for not writing. I guess I just wanted to be lazy. Lol! Anyway, I have a contest coming up, I will be posting about that in the next few days. Hopefully all of my readers will enter it!

Kenzie's POV

"So how are splitting up into teams?" I asked buckling up my vest.

"I'm Kenzie's partner." Jay said yelling from beside me, raising his hand into the air.

"But shouldn't I be Kenzie's partner, since I am her boyfriend?" Nathan said to Jay.

"I don't know, I kind of want to see Kenzie kick your butt, Nath." Max said.

"I agree with Max." Tom said, while Siva was nodding his head.

"It's settled, me and Jay are a team." I said linking arms with Jay.

"I'm with Max." Tom said quickly.

"Nath, looks like you and Seev are a team."

"Okay, you can go and get ready at the base." a guy told us as he opened the door to the battleground. "You have an hour."

"Jay, why did you wear that?" I said to Jay as we went to the base in the middle.

"What's wrong with it?" he said looking down, noticing his white shirt. "Well, it looks like we'll be losing."

"Hold on." I told Jay as I ran back to the door we came in through. "Does anyone have a black shirt my friend can burrow?" I asked the group of guys waiting.

"What size does he need?" one of the guys asked me.

"Um, medium. I guess." I said laughing.

"I have a t-shirt he can have." the guy said digging a black shirt out of his bag. He walked over to the door and handed it to me.

"Thank you, You're a life saver." I said to him and he just laughed.

"It's no problem, good luck!" he said smiling.

"Thanks." I said and shut the door, running back to where Jay was waiting. When I reached him I threw the shirt at him. "Hurry put it on."

"Where did you get this?" he asked putting it on.

"From one of the guys sitting outside." I said picking out a gun.

"They just gave it to you?" he asked buckiling up his vest.

"Yeah, I just asked and he gave me his shirt." I answered him.

"He just gave you the shirt off of his back?"

"No." I said laughing at him. "He had an extra shirt in his bag."

That's when the buzzer went off signeling that the game had begun. And with that me and Jay took off, I pulled Jay down behind a low lying wall. Just as we got down, I heard Siva and Nathan whispering. Me and Jay jumped out and shot them and took off to find a new hiding spot.

"Not fair." Nathan yelled as we took off, me and Jay laughing.

I was so into the game I hadn't even realised Jay was no longer beside me. I stopped and started looking around when someone grabbed me from behind around the waist and pulled me backwards.

"Shh." he whispered before I could scream. He put me down and I turned around to face him, already knowing who it was.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him.

"What?" Nathan asked me smiling his amazing smile.

"Why did you do that?" I said lightly punching his arm.