Chapter 9 - Truth or Dare?

"Okay, I dare you to kiss me." I said looking at Nathan. He had a look of shock on his face, I was almost tempted to laugh at him.

"What?" he said, finally snapping out of it.

"You heard me, I said kiss me." he slowly started leaning forward, this was finally it. We were going to finally kiss. Just like earlier I could feel his breath on my lips and just like earlier, we got interrupted an inch away.

"Hello? Kenzie, Nath, are you here?" I heard Tom yell from down the hallway from the front door. Nathan let out a loud sigh and leaned back.

"Yeah, we're in the living room." Nathan shouted back. They all came walking into the living room a few seconds later.

"What's up you two?" Max said sitting down beside me. Me and Nathan just looked at each other.

"Well, we were playing truth or dare, before you guys came storming in." I said looking at Max.

"Oh really, were there any good dares?" he said winking.

"Well, there was one." I heard Nathan mumble under his breath.

"We hadn't really gotten into dares yet, we just started. What are you doing here anyway, it Nathans day today." I said looking at them all.

"Well, Jaybird over there, thinks he forgot his phone over here. So, we came over to check." Tom answered my question.

"Well, I haven't seen it and I cleaned the house today. So, if it's here I have no idea where it could be."

"So, are we gonna play or what?" Jay said sitting down on the floor.

"Play what?" I said looking at him.

"Truth or Dare, duh." he said smiling.

"I thought you were just here to find your phone?"

"Yeah, we were, but now we're playing truth or dare." Jay said crossing his legs.

"Fine." I said giving in. I just looked at Nathan and I knew he was also thinking about our two kisses that almost happened, because it was weighing heavily on my mind.

"So, who wants to start?" Nathan said looking away to the other boys.

"I will." Max said from beside me.

"Truth or Dare?" Siva said quickly to him.

"Dare." he said smiling.

"Ooh, okay. I dare you to stuff your mouth with crackers and try to whistle." we all just looked at Siva, "What?"

"What kind of dare is that?" Max asked him.

"Are you going to do it or not?" Siva asked him back.

"Okay." he said jumping up and walking into the kithchen to get some crackers. He started putting crackers in his mouth and after about five he stated, "This is stupid." we all just laughed. Even though it hurt to laugh I didn't say anything.

After a few more crackers he tried to whistle, but all that came out was air and crackers flew everywhere. He ended up spitting out all the crackers on the floor.

"Max, I just cleaned in here. Pick it up, that's gross." they all just laughed at me, but nobody was cleaning it up, so I went into the kitchen and grabbed a trashcan and brought it to Max.

"You boys are so lazy." I said as he put the crackers into the can.

"We're not that messy." Tom said.

"Ha! That's what you think." I said looking at him.

"So who's next?" Jay said.

"Jay, truth or dare?" Max said smiling at him.