Chapter 10 - Surprise

So, this chapter would have been up yesterday, but my computer has a tendency to restart on it's own and I forgot to save it. So I lost the whole chapter! Ugh, really made me mad! But I hope you enjoy this chapter.

When me and Nathan arrived at the resturant we had to wait for about twenty minutes, because a birthday party went on a little longer than usual.

"What is taking so long?" Nathan said looking around for the hostess.

"Nathan it's okay, I don't mind waiting." I said trying to get him to sit still.

"Okay, it's just taking forever."

"Yeah, I know." I said as the hostess walked up.

"Table for two, right?" she said to us clearly overwhelmed.

"Yeah." I said smiling to her.

When we got to our table Nathan pulled out my chair for me.

"I am so sorry about the wait, it's just we're really busy tonight. Your waitress will be with you shortly and if you feel she is taking to long just come tell me." she said smiling.

"Okay, thank you." Nathan said as she walked away.

"Well, she was nice." I said looking at Nathan.

"Yeah, I guess. So what are you getting to drink?"

"I think I'm just going to get a coke." I said looking at him over the top of my menu.

"Yeah, me too." we sat there another five minutes, "Where is that waitress?" and like she heard, she was there standing beside the table.

"Hello, what can I get you two to drink?" she asked looking at Nathan, correction, staring at Nathan.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" she asked him and he looked up at her.

"Um, I don't think so, I'm not from here." he said slightly blushing.

"I'm sorry, it's just you look really familar." she said smiling, "Well, let me go get your drinks." she said walking away.

"Nathan we never told her what we wanted to drink." I said trying not to laugh.

"I'm sorry I forgot to get your drink order."

"We'll both be having a coke." he said to her and she walked away.

All throughout dinner she kept looking back at Nathan, she would even come and ask us if we needed something a little too many times.

"She must really want to know who you are." I said looking at her and back to Nathan.

He looked up at her and just shook his head, "I honestly don't know who she is."

"Maybe she remembers who you are?" I said as she walked to the back.

"Yeah, maybe." he said as he took his last bite of food.

When we were done I reached for my clutch.

"What are you doing?" Nathan asked me.

"Getting out some money to help you pay."

"No, you're not paying for dinner. I am." he said pulling out his wallet.

"Nathan, I can't let you pay for dinner."

"Well, that's too bad, because I am." he said putting money down on the table.

"This is the only time." I said putting my money back in my clutch.

When we got back to the truck Nathan noticed he didn't have his phone.

"I think I might have left it on the table, I'll be right back." he said getting out of the truck.