chapter 81: Fed Up

Back at the Loud House...

Zoe and Lily were playing on the floor as it was almost time for everyone to come back home. She soon heard Vanzilla pull up in the driveway. Zoe picked up Lily and took her to the window. Lily laughed and cheered as her family came back.

Lynn Sr. soon got out of the van first. "Ha, ha! Another successful Take Your Daughter To Work Day, eh, girls?" he smiled to his nine daughters.

The girls cheered in agreement.

"It was awesome, Dad! What does 'leave of absence' mean?" Lola asked.

"Hmm... I wonder where your mother, Lincoln, and Hercules are?" Lynn Sr pondered.

"Aw, I feel bad for them," Lori replied. "I bet they literally had the boringest day ever." Lori was wrong as they heard Rita, Lincoln, and Hercules having fun.

Lynn Sr and the sisters were shocked about what was going on with Rita and the boys.

"Nice horse, Loud and Weather!" Mr. Grouse called out.

"Thanks!" Hercules replied.

It turned out to be a good day for everyone. Especially for Atlas as he was going to get the job he applied for.

"So, how did orientation go, Dad?" Hercules asked.

"I'm hired!" Atlas beamed.

"Wahoo!" Hercules cheered.

Atlas laughed and hugged his son. Rita was going to be a little late to dinner as she was beginning to write her new novel. Atlas laughed and hugged his son. Rita was going to be a little late to dinner as she was beginning to write her new novel.

"Turkey Loaf?" Zoe asked. "Wait, didn't we have this last Tuesday?"

"Yep," Lori sighed. "And the Tuesday before that and the Tuesday before that."

"And so on and so forth..." Lincoln added.

"Just be ready for wiener schnitzel tomorrow." Lynn Sr smiled.

"I can already tell this will taste bland." Zoe groaned.

Everyone ate their dinner and soon enough, it was time for bed. Lincoln sighed as he felt bored of the same meals every single week and starting tomorrow, he was going to try to put a stop to it. And where Hercules was going to help him with that.

"Salisbury Steak Sundays, Meatball Mondays, Turkey Loaf Tuesdays, Wiener Schnitzel Wednesdays, Goulash Thursdays, Fish Fry Fridays, and Succotash Saturdays," Hercules sighed. "What is this, a home or a prison with obsessive compulsive-disorder?"

"I don't know." Lincoln shrugged.

They soon came downstairs for tonight's dish as it was Wednesday. Lincoln soon took out a coin attached to a string to hypnotize himself. Hercules did the same.

"What are you guys doing?" Lola asked.

"Self hypnosis," Lincoln replied. "Maybe it can make myself believe the wiener schnitzel tastes like ice cream."

"Ooh, I want ice cream, move!" Lola beamed, trying to reach for her brother's coin.

"Hey, find your own coping mechanism!" Lincoln replied.

Lola soon fought her brother as they hit the table and it began to make dinner fall onto the floor.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Lynn Sr panicked until he caught the dinner in relief. "Phew! That was close. I almost had to order us pizza."

"How horrible." Zoe deadpanned.

"I think I'll go and cook something in case anyone wants something new to eat." Nicole said as she stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"Oh, no, Nicole, I've got it from here." Lynn Sr smiled to her.

"No, you've done enough." Nicole smiled back.

"I insist, it's my kitchen." Lynn Sr said.

"I know, and I deserve a chance." Nicole glared before becoming 'Darth Mother' to her kids which was how they knew when she wanted something done and it had to be or there would be suffering.

"I-If you insist." Lynn Sr smiled nervously.

Nicole nodded as she then put on her apron and began cooking.

"She almost turned into Darth Mother." Hercules whispered which made Zoe giggle.

"Darth Mother?" The Loud siblings whispered as they overheard this.

Hercules and Zoe shuddered in response.

"When Mom gets mad enough... She... Kinda changes..." Zoe smiled nervously.

"How so?" Lisa whispered.

"Trust me, you're better off not knowing." Hercules replied.

"It can't be that bad." Lisa shrugged.

Zoe took a deep breath. "MOM, LINCOLN SAYS YOUR NEW NURSE UNIFORM MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A HIPPO!"

"3, 2, 1." Hercules cued.

Nicole soon came into the dining room and her left eye twitched and her eyes seemed to be beady red like in the Alien vs Predator movies. "What did you say about my new uniform, Lincoln Loud?!" she then asked in a voice that sounded rather demonic.

"I-I meant to say that it makes you look, uh, pretty?" Lincoln smiled nervously.

Nicole narrowed her eyes as she waved a wooden spoon and then went back into the kitchen.

"Wow, that was scary." Lincoln gulped.

Nicole hummed to herself as she decided to make some spaghetti so there would be more variety. And where she gave the taste a little more pizzazz with some special spices she had in a bag. Lucy began to write a poem about the repetition of their dinners being the same every week.

"It's done!" Nicole smiled.

This made the others smile as they were going to eat something new for Wednesday.

'Hopefully this will teach Dad to stop cooking the same meals every week.' Lincoln thought to himself.

The family soon ate the spaghetti more than the wiener schnitzel. Nicole smirked as she snuck in the spices which would explode with flavor for the family.

"Amazing." The Loud siblings smiled as they enjoyed the food.

"Glad you all like it," Nicole smiled back. "It's an old family recipe."

"Whoa, this spaghetti is even better than any meal I've made in every week." Lynn Sr. said as he enjoyed the food as well.

This made the Loud siblings excited as their problem seemed solved about having the same meals every week.

"I guess cooking the same meals every week can get boring." Lynn Sr. said.

"Well, that was a quick lesson to learn." Atlas chuckled.

"After a taste from this, can you blame him?" Rita asked.

Nicole and Hercules winked to each other as they shared that as they knew what changed Lynn Sr's mind.