chapter 133: The Mad Scientist

Lisa seemed to be getting ready for something.

"Hey, Lisa," Hercules smiled. "What are you getting ready for?"

"Presentation." Lisa replied.

"Oh, is this about your time travel method?" Hercules asked.

"Correct." Lisa replied.

"Can I be included in your presentation?" Hercules smiled.

"I don't mind." Lisa smiled back.

Hercules beamed to that.

"I'm just getting ready, be right back." Lisa said as she made her preparations.

Hercules was happy about the presentation. The video chat soon began and Lisa opened it up to present herself with Hercules who stood beside her like a loyal assistant, and where there was soon shown a diagram about Lisa's time travel presentation.

"It was Einstein who first proposed the idea of time travel via wormholes, but now I, Lisa Loud, have come very close to actually creating one," Lisa informed. "All I need to figure out is how to harness the necessary energy to--"

Lucy then popped up which startled Lisa before rolling up her sleeve. "I need one of you to take my pulse. I'm working on a breathing technique that lowers my heart rate to the point of barely being alive."

Hercules checked Lucy's pulse and where it was still there. "Sorry, you still got a pulse." Hercules said.

"Dang it." Lucy complained before leaving.

"Pardon the interruption, as I was saying--" Lisa told her colleagues on the chat.

"Hey, Lees! We need your or Herc's help." Lincoln spoke up as he and Lana jumped in.

"What is it?" Hercules sighed.

"We found this cupcake behind the radiator," Lincoln explained as Lana held up a moldy cupcake. "It's got a little mold on it, but can we still eat it?"

Lisa took a look at the cupcake. "Well, only if you want to ingest gangrenous ergotism, allometry toxic allucci, or stachybotrys chartarum."

"Ugh, no thanks." Lincoln shuddered.

"You had me at 'gangrenous'." Lana said before eating.

"Oh, Lana..." Hercules sighed to that, shaking his head.

Lincoln and Lana soon left out of the room.

"Sorry again." Hercules told Lisa's colleagues.

"Now to contin--" Lisa tried.

Right at that point, Luna jumps in with a power chord. "Yo, brain box, I'm playing a gig at Sunset Canyon tonight, and I need to make sure the oldies can hear me, can you measure my decibel level?"

"Luna, now is really not a good time for--" Hercules tried.

Luna plays a chord so powerful it propels Lisa onto her desk.

"Lisa! Are you okay?!" Hercules gasped as that looked like it hurt, after all, Lisa was only four.

"I think you should be fine, which is more than I can say for my beaker collection," Lisa said with a sigh before she jumped off her, now damaged, but still functioning, computer. "I'm so sorry, it's not easy being a research scientist in a household populated by uncouth, disorderly siblings. I look forward to the day when I'll have somewhere quiet to work."

"Totally." Hercules nodded.

"Well, why not today?" The female doctor offered. "You're welcome to come spend this afternoon here at the institute. We have top notch facilities where you could continue your research, free of distractions."