chapter 32: Merry Christmas, Mr. Grouse

"Oh, Ghost of Christmas Past... Reveal to us where the presents are hidden." Lucy commenced a seance with Lynn.

"Well, what's she saying?" Lynn asked.

"You two definitely have the Christmas Spirit," Luan laughed as she made a popcorn string. "That's eleven!"

"Can't take it any longer!" Lori ran to her present. "MUST OPEN!"

"Whoa, girl!" Lana lassoed her with the Christmas lights.

"Whoa!" Hercules said with wide eyes.

"Guys, can you chill?" Luna called out. "I'm trying to write and I'm down to the wire! Ooh, maybe that's it!" she then tried to make that into a song, but hated it instantly.

"Guys!" Lincoln called out even if his sisters couldn't hear him.

"Okay, forget that old rag I was wearing before," Leni walked over in all red. "This is the perfect Christmas outfit!"

"Aren't those your stockings?" Zoe asked.

Leni shushed nervously and backed away.

"GUYS!" Lincoln tried again.

Yet again, none of them seem to respond.

Lily crawled up to Zoe and smiled up, reaching up to her.

"What?" Zoe looked down. "What's up?"

"Uppy!" Lily cooed and giggled.

This caused all the Loud sisters to stop at what they were doing as that was Lily's first words aside from 'Poo-Poo'.

"What did you say, Lily?" Zoe asked.

"Up!" Lily giggled to Zoe.

This caused all of them to gasp as that was Lily's second word. Zoe smiled and picked up Lily in her arms. Lily giggled and nuzzled up against Zoe, treating her like another one of her sisters despite the two not being related.

"We've gotta tell Mom and Dad." Leni smiled.

"Zooo...Eeee..." Lily smiled then.

"Hey, she said my name!" Zoe smiled back, but then smelled an unpleasant aroma. "Oh, Lily, you didn't..."

"I don't think that was Lily." Hercules said.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Lynn Sr smiled as he came in. "I need someone to test my figgy pudding!"

"Oh, good, it wasn't you." Zoe looked relieved to the baby girl in her arms.

"Zooooeeee..." Lily smiled as she cuddled against Zoe.

Lynn Sr. soon gasped as he heard Lily say one of her new words.

"I'll do it, Daddy! Your figgy pudding is always the highlight of my Christmas!" Lola jumped in. "You're seeing this, right, Santa?"

Lynn Sr. soon gave Lola a spoonful of the figgy pudding while still surprised in a good way of what he heard from Lily say.

"Mm, figgy!" Lola forced herself to say as she clearly didn't like the food.

"How'd you get her to do that, Zoe?" Lynn Sr asked.

"I have no idea..." Zoe shrugged. "I just held her."

"Either A: She really likes you or B: You are like a sister to her." Hercules said.

"How about C: Both of the above?" Lincoln suggested.

"I agree and as for Lola, you poor homosapien." Lisa said.

"GUYS!!! WOULD YOU JUST STOP AND LISTEN TO ME FOR A SECOND?!" Lincoln called out as loud as he possibly could.