chapter 27: The Sweet Spot

Hercules and Zoe could both see Lincoln up to something.

"Hey, Z, wanna go next door real quick?" Hercules asked.

"What if the Louds think we're burglars?" Zoe looked up since it was late at night and everyone had to be asleep by now.

"I just want to make sure Lincoln isn't up to anything funny." Hercules said.

"Well... All right, I've seen this movie a million times already and it gets shorter every time I watch it." Zoe agreed.

They soon quietly got out of the house to see Lincoln moving around in his room.

"Whoa, who's there?" Lincoln yelped.

Hercules and Zoe came to the door.

"Guys, you're up late." Lincoln noticed.

"And you're not?" Hercules asked.

"Well... Yeah..." Lincoln admitted. "I'm working on a plan to get the best seat in the family van AKA Vanzilla."

"What's the plan?" Zoe asked.

"You see, every seat in Vanzilla offers one torture worse than the other." Lincoln began as he pulled up his mattress to show a plan drawn out on it.

"Wow." Hercules said.

"Getting stuck next to Lily's car seat is no good," Lincoln began. "She spit up on my comic book and threw beets at me, and the back row is so far away from Mom and Dad that it turns into the Wild, Wild West, I got stuck with Lola and Lana that time."

"Yikes!" Hercules and Zoe said.

"And that's just the beginning, this seat is in Dad's sight line and has one working speaker." Lincoln continued.

"What's so bad about the one working speaker?" Hercules asked.

"Last time, Mom and Dad's 'song' came on..." Lincoln groaned.

"Must have been a nightmare." Zoe said.

"You have no idea..." Lincoln groaned. "There's also the sticky, the soggy, the springy, and the slanty."

"And your plan is...?" Hercules asked.

"I found the perfect seat," Lincoln circled the seat he desired in the van. "I call it The Sweet Spot."

"Cool." Zoe smiled.

"Tomorrow, it will be mine, 'cuz I'm gonna stake it out." Lincoln smirked.

"Nice," Hercules smiled before getting curious. "But then who's going to--"

Lincoln went to leave already as soon as the final light went out and he came to the van.

"What were you going to say?" Zoe asked Hercules, knowing Lincoln would be right back.

"I was going to ask him of who was going to sit next to him?" Hercules told her.

"I bet he didn't think about that." Zoe smirked.

After a short while, Lincoln came back to think of who to sit next to him. "Okay, it definitely can't be Luan."

"Is there enough room for two people to sit next to you?" Hercules asked.

"I thought we were going in Dad's truck?" Zoe replied.

"I kind of talked Mom and Dad into letting us go with the Loud's in their vehicle." Hercules said.

Zoe narrowed her eyes.

"I'm sure no one will mind if you sleep next to me and Lincoln." Hercules replied.