chapter 82: Eye of the Tiger

The next day, there was a knocking at the door.

"I'll get it." Zoe came to the front door and opened it to see who it was.

"Hi, Zoe, is your brother home?" James asked.

"Oh, James..." Zoe smiled sheepishly. "Sure, he's making himself a sandwich."

"Awesome," James said before smiling to his friends. "He's home, guys."

Hercules came into the room with his sandwich. "What's going on?" he then asked his sister.

"James and the guys wanted to see you." Zoe replied.

"Please make us stronger!" James, Mike, and Bernie begged.

Hercules's eyes widened. "Uh... Okay..."

"Did you guys run into that awful Terry again?" Zoe asked.

"He's on our tail right now." Bernie said.

Zoe poked her head out the door.

"WHERE ARE YOU, NERDS?!" Terry growled as he looked around for the trio of boys.

"Please make us stronger." James begged Hercules.

"Well..." Hercules thought about it. "I need to trust you guys to use your new strength responsibly and--"

"Yeah, yeah, sure, whatever, just make us strong." Mike rushed him.

Hercules just knew that there would be a lesson in this. "Hmm..." he then thought about it.

"JUST DO THE STUPID THING ALREADY!" Mike snapped to make him hurry up as Terry seemed to be coming his way.

"Please hurry, Hercules, Terry just loves using me as a sports ball." Bernie sounded the most scared.

"Okay, I have some thing that can make three super strong." Hercules said as he brought out three soda cans that had a picture of a strong man flexing his muscles.

"Great, thanks!" Mike grinned as he swiped the soda can and instantly drank it.

"Thanks, Hercules." James and Bernie remembered their manners.

They soon took the other two soda cans before drinking them. Hercules smiled to them.

"GOTCHA!" Terry grabbed Bernie by his collar with a smirk. "Hey, buddy, wanna play Trash Ball?"

"No, Terry, please not again!" Bernie begged. "Last time I broke my ankle for a week!"

"Oh, this time it just won't be your ankle." Terry glared.

Bernie yelled out as he was about to be thrown.

"First, I'm going to punch your lights out." Terry said.

"NO!" Bernie begged.

"So, is this permanent or what?" James asked Hercules about the soda.

"It lasts for three days." Hercules whispered to them.

"Ah, okay..." James nodded to that.

Terry soon tossed Bernie into the trashcan and smirked as he came toward him.

"Oh, please work..." Bernie hoped as he drank more of the soda to finish it up as Terry came toward his favorite target.

"Just one more punch." Terry smirked.

"Can I finish my drink first?" Bernie smiled nervously. "Just before you send me to the hospital again?"

"Fine, but hurry up." Terry glared.