Boys Are Overrated

I laid on Evie's bed while Marcella was playing with her ball of yarn. I wrote down hexes I made up for future purposes. Fairy Godmother's daughter, Jane, stood in Mal and Evie's.

"Mom said 'If a boy can't see the beauty within then he's not worth it.' Can you believe it, what world does she live in?" Jane said helplessly.

"Auradon." Mal and I answered. Jane sat down by my legs.

"Mal, do you like?" Evie asked. I saw Mal look up for a second.

"Yeah it's cute, brings out your eyes."

"I know." Evie said knowingly.

"I'll never get a boyfriend!"

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal said.

"Amen!" I added, making Mal chuckle.

"And how would you know Mal? You've never had one." Evie retorted.

"It's cause I don't need one E!"

"They're a waste of time anyways." I said, which made Evie give me a sarcastic look.

"Says the girl who went through 16 boys in two months." Evie retorted.

"16?!" Jane squealed. I just shrugged.

"What can I say? I was born to break hearts." I said sarcastically. Suddenly Evie gasped.

"I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh no, oh no, no." Evie ran to grab a bag, who I'm guessing it's belongs to some guy named Chad.

"And that is exactly what I mean." I said. Mal gave me a knowing look. A knock on the door caught my attention, a girl with short black hair walked in.

"Hey guys, I'm Lonnie." We said nothing. "My mom's Mulan."

"You mean the woman who defeated Shan Yu?" I asked in curiosity. She smiled and nodded.

"How do you know, N?" Mal asked. I simply gave a smirk.

"I dated his son."

"Of course you did, N." Evie smiled.

"Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair and I know you hate us and, well, your evil!" I let out a laugh. "But, do you think you can do mine?" She asked.

"Why would I do that for you?" Mal asked.

"I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie held out the money. I grabbed it quickly.

"Good answer." I took out a ten dollar bill and throw the rest at Evie.

"I need to buy more material." Evie said, I stood off the bed and stood behind Lonnie. "See I'm thinking we lost the bangs--"

"--And the color!" I added.

"Maybe some lays and some highlights--"

"I want it cool, like Mal's!" Lonnie pointed out.

"Really? Split ends too?" Evie joked, then gave Mal a look to do it. Mal stood up and grabbed her spell book.

"Beware, Forswear,
Replace the old with cool hair." Mal waved her hand, Lonnie's hair turned longer, wavier, cool. She walked towards to mirror and admired new do.

"I know, I know, it looks like a mop on your head. You know lets cut it off and layer it--"

"No, no, no, no! I love it!"

"You do?" I questioned.

"It's just..." Without finishing, she ripped her skirt. "Now I'm cool!"

"Like ice." Mal added. Jane walking towards the mirror and did the same thing.

"What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!" I laughed along with Evie and Mal. After Jane and Lonnie left Carlos walked in with a dog?

"What's with the dog, I thought you were afraid of them." I said. He just shrugged and sat down on the floor.

"This is Dude." Marcella jumped off the bed carefully and walked over to Dude.

" Marcella jumped off the bed carefully and walked over to Dude

"Aww how cute!" Evie squealed. I few minutes later, Jay walks in wearing a jersey with his name on it and the number 8.

"Did your plan work with Jane, you going over to see the wand?" Jay sat on my bed.

"Do you think I would be going through every single spell in the book if I hadn't completely stuck out?!" Mal snapped at Jay, I glared at her for doing so.

"Chill out, Mal. It was just a question." Jay sat down next to me.

"My mom is counting on me! I can't let her down!" Mal shouted.

"We can do this." We all looked at Jay. "If we stick together."

"And we won't go back, until we do." Mal added "Cause we're rotten--"

"To the core..." The rest of us said in unison.

"Oh yeah, I found out that Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at the coronation and we get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course!" Evie said. Mal gave her a blank look.

"What?" Evie asked, then there was a knock on the door. I stood up and opened it to reveal Ben.

"Hey Nicolette!" Ben said enthusiastically. I gave him a fake smile and turned around to let Mal talk to him.

"Hey Mal. I didn't see you guys today, I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything... that you need?" Ben stumble on his words. I could tell that him being here was just probably an excuse to see Mal, I had my fair share of ex-boyfriends and other coming to my house and finding ways to talk to me.

"Not that I know of..." Mal turned to look at us, but we shook our heads. Your plan failed, Ben!

"Ok, alright, well uhh, if you need anything just uh..."

"Oh wait!" Oh nevermind Ben. "Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

"Yeah, the whole school goes."

"Wow, that is beyond exciting." Ben gave her a charming smile. "Do you think that it's a possibility that the five of us can stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother just so we could soak up all that goodness?" Mal said. Ben look at the rest of us before looking back at Mal.

"I wish you could, up front it's just me, my folks and my girlfriend. And also the royal family of Andalasia, which is technically Nicolette's brother, sister-in-law, nephews, niece, and father." Everyone looked at me.

"It's half-brother..." I muttered.

"And your girlfriend?" Mal looked a bit annoyed, but did best not to show it.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Ben apologized, Mal was silent for a bit before putting on a fake smile.

"Ok, thanks bye!" She said in fake enthusiasm closed the door on Ben and turned to us.

"N, any ideas?"

"I think it's time that Benny-boo got himself a new girlfriend." I plotted, Mal gave a mischievous smile.

"And I need a love spell." Carlos tossed Mal's book at her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My updating is gonna be slow for a while with all stories, cause I'm in a lot of stress