Benny-boy In Love

I sat on the counter in between Jay and Dude. I left Marcella in my room to sleep while we made the love spell.

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Mal said, reading out of her book.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos suggested.

"No! It says that we need one tear of human sadness, and this love potion gets the best reviews, so we follow it exactly."

"A tears a tear." Jay said.

"That's not true Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but any emotional tear has more protein-based hormones that a reflex tear." Evie said.

"Listen to you." I sang.

"Yeah, I knew that..." Jay lied. Carlos hit his shoulder. Suddenly the door open, Lonnie walked in and Mal quickly covered her book. "There you are, Mal. I was looking for you." Lonnie notified. "You know, all the girls want you to do their hair." Lonnie noticed the mixing bowl.

"Midnight snack, whatcha guys making?" She questioned.

"Nothing special, just cookies." I informed, make sure she won't get suspicious. Lonnie dipped her finger and take a taste. We all immediately protected and tried to stop her. "What? I'm not gonna double dip!"

"Feel... anything?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal said. Then Jay decided to take his chance and leaned against a pole.

"Hey there..." Lonnie just gave him an awkward smile, then turned back to Mal.

"Could use some chips." She said as she walked to the fridge.

"Chips?" Jay walked back to me and placed his arm around me, but I pushed it off.

"And those are?" Mal asked.

"Chocolate chips, just the most important food group." She poured chocolate into the mixing bowl. "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys chocolate chip cookies? Like when you're feeling sad. And they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." She stopped when she saw our faces. Mother said the only thing we should love is power.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Mal shook her head and went back to stirring.

"It's just different where we're from, that's all." I informed.

"Yeah I know I just you know I thought... even villains love their kids..." Lonnie saw the look on our faces. Then again, I never once heard mother tell me that she loved me. Mother always told me love was weakness, that love will one day betray you. She told me to always rule with your head high and a cold heart.

"Oh..." She gripped Mal hand. "How awful..." A tear rolled down her face, I motioned it to Mal and quickly flicked it into the bowl.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven so thank you so much for coming by, really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal said pushing Lonnie out.

"Good night!" Lonnie said before she was out.

"See you tomorrow." Mal sung. Mal turned back to us. "Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven. Lette, clean up."

"On it." We all got to work. I managed to levitate the messy bowls and spoons to the sink. I made up an incantation to clean everything.

Piger facere me,
Hos sibi munda aeniolis et ollis

Immediately, the sponge scrubbed the bowls as I put away the ingredients.

~

I leaned on the lockers waiting for Mal and Jay. I noticed almost all the girl complimenting each other on their new hair. A few of them noticed me and said 'Hi!'. I turned my head to see Ben and Audrey walking out if class, and let me tell you, Audrey looked piss about the new hair, I thought it was funny. Mal and Jay walked out after. Jay leaned against the lockers next to me.

"Hey Nicolette." Some guys said as they walked pass. I sent this a smirk and turned to see Jay who glared at them.

"Who were they?" He asked, mostly in anger. He's cute when he's angry, I just noticed. Wait, what?

"I don't know." I answered, he just rolled his eyes.

"Are either of you feeling kind of weird about this, I mean it's not so bad here." Jay asked Mal and I.

"Are you insane?" I asked rhetorically.

"Long live evil. You're mean, you're awful, you're bad new." Mal said after.

"Snap out of it." I snapped my fingers in his face.

"Thanks Mal, thanks Lette. I need that." He walked away to flirt with a bunch of girls. I stared at him in disbelief, when I heard my name.

"Nicolette!" I turned my head to see a bunch of guys on the Tourney Team coming over. One of them leaned next to me where Jay stood. He gave me a flirty smile.

"Make sure to look out for number 7, ok?" Some other guy pushed him out of the way.

"No, she's looking out for number 3!" At this point, I noticed Jay looking back at me to hear my response. He continued to glare at his teammates.

"She'll be looking for number 21, you idiot!"

"Actually, I'll be watching number's 8 and 101. My best friends are playing, but thanks for the offer. Bye now." I shooed them away and put my attention back on Mal, who was now talking to Ben.

"Hey Benny-boo!" Mal mocked. Ben walked over.

"Hey." Ben said. Mal showed him bag of cookies.

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip. You want one?"

"I, uh, I've a big game, I don't eat before a big game. But thanks so, so much, next time, next time." As Ben began to leave I decided to speak.

"Yeah, yeah, we completely understand, be careful of treats offered by kids of villains." Mal caught up on what I was doing and took over. Ben began to protect on what I said.

"No, I'm sure ever kid in Auradon knows that, I get it. You're cautious, that's smart. Oh well, more for us, I guess." Mal was about to fake taking a bite when Ben snatched the cookie and took a bite.

"See? See that? I totally trust you. Totally..." Ben began rambling after Mal asked him how it was.

"Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" I took the cookie from him before he could took another bite while Jay stood behind him.

"How you feeling, bro?"

"I feel... I feel... I feel like... like singing your name! Mal!" Mal covered his mouth quickly.