Chapter 12

Everything is eerily quiet. I just stare at mum "What?" I whisper unbelievably, standing up. I feel dizzy. SHIT! My exhaustion is taking its toll "What the fuck are you saying Mum?" Justin asks, trying to keep his anger at bay "Language!" Pattie hisses at him. I'm speechless. Mum looks at me with worry "Sweetheart, are you alright? You look really pale.." "Your asking me if I'm alright?" I ask her astonished "After what you've told me?" I'm trying hard not to lose my control but failing "Darling...." "DON'T 'DARLING' ME!" everyone looks at me. I feel Justin's stare on me "You don't understand-" "NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" I yell, failing to keep my calm "We can talk it out without the yelling Shriya" Pattie says. I just look at her "I-I need to be alone" I say desperately, running my fingers through my hair "Shriya-" "I-I'll see you later" I interrupt. I head towards the entrance. I'm all numb... this is too much to take. I can't marry Justin. I have my goals in life that I want to achieve. I can't do this. No- "Shriya, where are you going?" I snap back to reality "Hey, Dad...." I whisper "Sweety, what's wrong?" he asks worriedly. Suddenly I have this overwhelming urge to cry and let it all out "Darling your worrying me" 'PICK UP YOUR SHIT TOGETHER RODRIGUEZ!' My subconscious yells at me in frustration "You knew about this didn't you?" I ask him. He looks guilty "YOU ALL KNEW ABOUT THIS!" I yell "It's for the best" He say "For the best Huh? that's the only explanation you've got? huh?" "Shriya-" "Not you too Dad.... I didn't expect this from you..." I whisper "Let me explain..." "Okay... tell me" I whisper, looking at him accusingly "Come" he says, holding my arm and leading me back into the drawing room towards the couch "Sit" he orders. I sit. "You will just listen. Let me do the talking okay?" I just nod my head "Consider this as a business proposition" he starts explaining "Recession is badly affecting the manufacturing industries. Companies in this sector are suffering heavy losses. Many well known companies have already closed down-" "I know that Dad. That's why I'm trying to reduce the manufacturing costs" I mutter "But that's not enough sweety" he says "What do you mean?" I ask "There are reports that many companies are coming together, trying to design new economically viable projects and reducing the overall costs. This reduces losses leading to increased profits. This kind of thing started long before you guys became the CEO's. Me and Jeremy decided that we should do the same. And then we thought that if we get our kids married to each other, then both of our companies would be be more intricately woven together leading to more benefits-" "Mr. Rodriguez Jaxon and Lea are already getting married. Why do you want us to get married as well?" Justin asks, clearly confused "Are they the CEO's?" Dad asks, effectively silencing us "If you guys get married, the companies would be more closely woven" he says. Everyone in the room is looking at us, waiting for our decision. I look at Justin and our gazes lock. Should I do this? Should I get married to Justin? Should I abandon my dreams and do what everyone wants instead? Are my dreams that worthless- "JUSTIN CAN'T MARRY SHRIYA!" Selena yells "HE'S MY BOYFRIEND! I AM THE ONE WHOSE GONNA GET MARRIED TO HIM!" "Selena, we broke up long ago" Justin replies monotonously. WHAT?! Then why the PDA? "Justin, I love you. I'm sorry. I'm human! Of course I'm bound to do mistakes-" "Not repeat the same mistakes, Selena" Justin interrupts "Don't do this..... What does this bitch have that I don't?" WHO THE FUCK IS SHE CALLING A BITCH?! "I think the only 'bitch' present here is you" I say, smiling sweetly at Selena. She just glares at me. "Selena. Out now" Justin tells her authoritatively. She looks at me, anger and jealousy radiating from her. I'm sorry... I really didn't want this to happen.. I apologize mentally. She turns around and leaves. "I'll marry Shriya" Justin says, looking at me "I-I'll marry Justin too" I whisper.......... And that's it! Hope you liked it! COMMENT and if you like the story please VOTE!