Chapter 10

"Ma'am the control room is completely burnt indicating that the fire probably started from the control room" "what about the molding machine? is that burnt too?" I enquire Rodge "it is burnt but not completely" he answers "What do you mean?" I ask not quite understanding what he is saying "The left side of the molding machine is completely burnt but its right side is not completely burnt" "isn't the control room the left side of the molding machine?" "yes ma'am" "that means the fire did start from the control room" I say in realization. Okay.. this is progress "ma'am was the control room functional at that time?" Rodge asks me "Yes... umm.. it was. Could you show me the ring?" "here you go ma'am" He hands me the ring "Wait.... I've seen this ring somewhere...." I whisper thinking "Ma'am if you'll remember then we would have found our culprit" "I know Rodge but I just can't...." I break off trying hard to remember where I've seen the ring "Ma'am it's alright. At least we know now that it's someone you know" "Yeah. Where did you find it?" "It was in the control room" "Okay" THE FUCK?! No one is allowed access to the control room except the assigned employees and me. "What about the CCTV cameras in the control room? Are they working?" I ask handing him back the ring "no ma'am they got damaged because of the fire but they are sent to the police" "okay... I don't want the police to know about the ring. It's strictly confidential. It should remain only between us. Do you understand?" "Yes ma'am" "Thank you Rodge. Your help has been invaluable" "I'll keep you informed on further progress" he answers "It'll be greatly appreciated" and with that I walk away from him. I get outside the warehouse and into my car. FUCK! I just can't remember where I've seen the ring. I hit the steering wheel hard taking out my frustration. Argh! I feel my phone vibrate in my purse "Rodriguez" I answer coldly "Darling it's mum here" "Yeah mum tell me" "Are you busy?" "Yes, I am" I reply brusquely "Sweetheart I was wondering if you'd buy some things I needed" "What do you need?" I ask "I need whipping cream, apples, flour, icing sugar and vanilla essence" "Mum, are you baking a cake or something" "Yes Honey" "why? Is today something special?" I ask "not exactly... Pattie and me decided to bake a cake" "Mum... are they still at home?" "Yes sweety why?" "nothing just asking.... I'll get what you need" "Thanks sweety" "I'll talk to you later okay?" "Okay. Bye, Take care" "I will" I hang up. Why the fuck are they still there? don't they have better things to do? I can't talk to my dad about what I found out because they are still fucking there! 'Cursing will take you nowhere' my subconscious remarks. Oh just shut up! I take a deep breath, start the ignition and head towards my office........... Well that's it for now! please COMMENT and if u like the story VOTE! Thnx!