Chapter 33

"When hell breaks loose."

I always thought that people were fools to cry over someone that never cared for them.

'Why bother when that person didn't think twice before leaving you?'

I was told by others to be careful with your heart- to who you give it to.

"Make sure that the one you give it to deserves it."

But then when I started to feel something for Justin, I always thought if I deserved him not the other way round.

I never believed in love. I always thought that it was unrealistic and not practical.

But then when I fell in love, I thought that it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Suddenly I started to not think about me but us.

And it was frightening because I never felt like this before. And frankly speaking, I had given everything to him.

Everything that I had. I had gotten so used to being around him that I forgot what it was to be as an individual.

So dependent on him. And I knew. I knew that this was bad. Real bad. Because there is no happily ever after.

No one stays with you forever. People move in and out of your life and that's the harsh reality.

But for some time. I had forgotten all of this because of a certain someone.

And that's what I regretted.

Because if I wouldn't have, then I wouldn't be looking at Justin and praying that this was just a dream.

"Are you out of your mind Justin?!" Jeremy asks, fury evident in his voice.

"Shriya is not just a rag doll Justin whom you can just use and throw away." Pattie says, accusingly.

"I think you've gotten it the other way round Mom. She has used me and now I'm going to throw her out of my life." Justin replies, his voice devoid of any emotion.

"And I'm not going to let you take the most foolish decision of your life." Jeremy responds.

"The decision is mine to take not yours Dad." Justin replies, his eyes blank.

"Do you really think Shriya would do that?" He asks, disbelievingly.

"You think Jaxon would lie to me about this?"

"No but it could be a misunderstanding Justin. And I know for sure that she would never do such a thing." Pattie responds.

He doesn't trust me. He wants to divorce me. Oh God.. I can't leave without him. What am I going to do?

"You guys married for a business proposition so it's not just about you. It's also about the employment of thousands of people!" Jeremy bursts, not able to contain his fury.

"Your father's right Justin." Pattie says, trying to put some sense into him.

"Your still taking her side?" Jaxon asks, glaring at them.

"Stay out of this Jaxon. This is not your place to speak." Jeremy admonishes him.

"Dad-"

"Enough Jaxon." Jeremy says with a finality.

"I'll make this very clear. I wouldn't consider her as my wife from now on. We'll lead separate lives and she'll only be my wife in the eyes of the public and in law."