Chapter 1; Distance is Everything

Hello, lovely reader!

Just a fair warning here, this story does deal with some very sensitive and serious topics such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and suicide.

If you are easily triggered by any of that, I'd suggest not reading this.

If anyone dealing with these things, just please remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and talk to someone! I promise it help!

Another side note; I'm publishing this with rough editing. Once I have finished another book I have in the works, I will be going back to editing this! So feel free to let me know of any misspelling but please don't spam me.

Please enjoy!
—-~~~~~~—————

P.O.V. Bailey

I can't breathe...

I'm all alone...

Nothing is working...Life is pointless...

...

I'm going to die...

The thoughts swirled around in my mind, suffocating me. I was breathing in and exhaling, but the air wasn't filling my lungs.

I was dying.

The world was black, my vision blurry. I had no idea where I was, but it was freezing. My heart was pounding out of my chest, the more I struggled to breathe in oxygen, the harder my heart beat, the more my chest pain grew.

You're useless...

No one loves you...

You could die, and no one would notice...

The voices screamed at me, taughting me and everything I did. I felt something rough and hot as fire around my neck, but I still couldn't see.

Finally my eyes opened and my vison cleared...

I was looking at myself, dangling from the ceiling fan of my bedroom...

___

I shot up in bed, cold sweat dripping down my forehead. My hair stuck across it like salty glue. I was breathing heavy, my heart beating like crazy. I quickly scanned the room, boxes were littered about in piled, my room dark with only light coming from the tv on the wall.

I was at home.

It was just another nightmare.

I pushed covers off of me, and slowly stood on my wobbly legs. My whole body felt like shaking Jell-O, like I could collapse any second. I made my way out of my room, and around the corner to the bathroom. I flipped on the light, and looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked awful.

My hair sticking up in random places, my bangs stuck to my sweaty forehead. Dark circles around my eyes from my lack of sleep. My cheeks puffy from my previous crying, but slightly suck in from my awful eating habits. I was skinny, not entirely skin and bones, but I could definitely benefit from gaining a few pounds. My skin was sickly pale, my wrists and thighs scared from my once bad habit of self- harm....

My life... was a mess.

I turned on the cold water, and washed my face, trying my best to wash away yet another nightmare. I took my pills the doctor gave me for my panic attacks, though I knew they wouldn't do any good.